what lights ya carry??

I use an old Surefire L2 for EDC. The dual 15/100 lumen output makes it extremely useful. My first Surefire was a G2 nitrolon that I upgraded with an LED head when the lamp burned out. I bought my wife a G2 LED for her purse. I have a big rechargeable Streamlight in the car. I picked up a Fenix TK11 last year. It's bright on the high setting (reportedly 225 lumens), but the run time isn't at all close to advertised. I get about fifteen minutes on high, compared to the advertised 2.7 hours.

I also have lights on my working guns: TLR-1 on my pistol, a Surefire fore end on my 870, and a Streamlight TL-3 on my AR. The TL-3 isn't as sexy as a Surefire, but it's bright enough for indoor and short range outdoor use, it's ambidextrous, and it's about $300 less than a Surefire (leaving me more money for important things, like knives and ammo :D ).

I have a Bushnell LED right now (picked it up cheap) but I plan to pick up a Romisen RC-N3 sometime soon. :)

Fenix LD20

But i'm looking for something with a lower minimum lumen, for a longer run time when i'm in the woods.

The Quark AA2 seems to fit the bill 0.2 Lumens/30 day run time. But i prefer the user interface of a Nitecore D20.

I got a Nitecore Extreme Infinity and a Nitecore EZ AA last week.

They are really, really nice.

My Fenix L1D seems to have gotten pretty dim and flickery, so I switched to Nitecore.

Fenix LD20

But i'm looking for something with a lower minimum lumen, for a longer run time when i'm in the woods.

The Quark AA2 seems to fit the bill 0.2 Lumens/30 day run time. But i prefer the user interface of a Nitecore D20.

One of the reasons I switched over to the Quark for my woods light over my L2D Q5. :thumbup: The moonlight mode is superb.

I am really enjoying my Streamlight Strion LED and the Fenix LD10 I got a little while ago. I had to do our jail interviews at work and I took my LD10 in with me every day without anyone raising an eye. I'm sure my E2D would have fallen under much greater scrutiny. Having the ability to switch between 9, 47, 94, or 120 lumens is great because I use the 9 lumens a ton at the office. If I know I'm going out a night I just give the head a twist and have a amazing 120 lumens in turbo mode. The quality is on par with my Surefires/Streamlights, but I think the tail switch is a little stiff to push...maybe it will ease up with time.

I really cant say enough about the Strion LED. Its just a tad bigger than my E2D and it has the power of my Ultra Stinger. The tail switch is a breeze to use and you can cycle through the modes without turning the light off after you've already selected a mode. The strobe mode (seizure mode as I like to call it) is insanely disorienting and the the high, medium, and low are a nice white 160, 80, and 40 lumens. Plus I love that its a LED and rechargeable!

P1090627.jpg

P1090639.jpg

Just bought a Fenix LD10 and now I'm going to get a Quark AA2, in part thanks to this thread. Thanks for sharing the cool lights folks. These beat my old junkers!

I received 2 Fenix PD30 R2's yesterday. I ordered P3D Q5's but got these in the mail. They honored the lower price of the P3D and the deal came with 12 Surefire 123A's to boot. After a small amount of testing last night, I kinda like the PD30's a little better. Very impressed with these lights. Definitely like them better than our G3's which is a good light also. Got both lights and the 12 batteries for $130 shipped. Felt like I got a decent deal.

Looks great with my RP knife.

Just got the PD30 R4 265 lumen great little ligth,i have the 'normal' pd30 for over a year now also a great one
P1000602.jpg

Nice pic ^^^

i carry a stream light stylus pro...its light, thin, and i got it for 17 bucks...works for me

Just got the PD30 R4 265 lumen great little ligth,i have the 'normal' pd30 for over a year now also a great one

Hey Jef, do you see a significant difference in output between the two lights? If so, where'd you get your 265lm version? Thanks!

The 'normal' pd30 has Cree XR-E LED and 235 lumen
And the pd30 R4 has Cree XP-G LED R4 265 lumen and the light is a little wither,both are great:thumbup: i bought them both at kniveandtools,
P1000556.jpg

Back