What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

2UPhfXT.jpg

I broke down and ordered one of the new Case Barlows...
I kept putting it off in favor of other stuff, but noticed they were disappearing fast.
Once I saw the Smooth Black, I had to have it. I like the smooth black a lot for a work knife.
The knife has no gaps, centered blades, flush springs, finished pins, solid half stops, and a nice strong 'snap'.

Case quality seems to have improved in the last while!!
Nice Barlow, John!!:thumbsup::)

One of the major disadvantages of being over here in Oz is lack of retail knife outlets, nearly all purchases have to be made online, mostly from overseas. I'm a big fan of being able to see and feel a knife before purchasing, can't do that. I purchased a few Case knives a couple of years ago, very disappointed with there finish and quality, especially after converting to Australian dollars. I have been gun shy ever since, glad you knowledgeable people feel there quality has improved, it really needed too.

JJ1ks1t.jpg

First vintage Winchester for me, honest wear on the main, bit of damage to the pen blade.
X2iSRFq.jpg

NP0F1u3.jpg

Unused Atco, pretty solid for a budget type knife, good snap and no play. I see this one being a good user.
Long time no see mate.:) Hope you and all your family are well in these different times, do like a good barlow. You take care, look after yourself and family and have a good weekend.;)

Long time no see mate.:) Hope you and all your family are well in these different times, do like a good barlow. You take care, look after yourself and family and have a good weekend.;)
Thanks, all is well here except my service died in my prepaid phone last night:rolleyes:. I guess if thats if thats my biggest problem I'm doing OK lol. Everyone here is taking the proper precautions. Hope all is good with you and yours as well:thumbsup:

Thanks, all is well here except my service died in my prepaid phone last night:rolleyes:. I guess if thats if thats my biggest problem I'm doing OK lol. Everyone here is taking the proper precautions. Hope all is good with you and yours as well:thumbsup:
Mate, they force down the new technology path and make the junk with a limited lifespan so you have to update, don't remember the phone on the wall dying on us, but as you said, if that is all we have to worry about!!! All good over here, we are back in lockdown since last Thursday, but i virtually stayed in my own lockdown since March so nothing has changed for me, Good to hear from you and that you are well, have a good week my friend.:thumbsup:;)

Back