What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

I’m excited about the Osage, an underused material in my opinion. I really like the way that wood ages with use.

Last edited:
Was this posted yet?

0iIosyE

8HIU1U5l.png

I love glitter gold

https://knifethoughts.com/glitter-g...-garish-in-a-good-way-but-steeped-in-history/

But I’m a little confused. Is this TC Barlow not an SFO by / for Charlie?

Also, Charlie’s doesn’t have the Waynorth stamping.

I probably should wait to post to hear more from the sources but I’m just too tuned up about a glitter gold TC
Hurts my eyes!!:eek:
:D
I am as surprised as anyone!!:eek: I didn't expect these, but I can't say I blame Bill for making them. He got a lot of complaints from people who could not source a TC. So there may be some truth to my guess that Bill is "taking back the brand"!!?? So, I'll have to ask if the Sepia is to be my last one for sure??o_O
Glitter seems appropriate, somehow!:pGEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg

I am as surprised as anyone!!:eek: I didn't expect these, but I can't say I blame Bill for making them. He got a lot of complaints from people who could not source a TC. So there may be some truth to my guess that Bill is "taking back the brand"!!?? So, I'll have to ask if the Sepia is to be my last one for sure??o_O
Glitter seems appropriate, somehow!:p

I think the last run was your severance package....... Quite surprised that you two had not had a discussion about it.

was quite surprised to see the other two options posted on the groups in between patients. wonder what these are all about

Glitter seems appropriate, somehow!:pView attachment 1491010

Charlie, should it prove to be true in that Bill is "taking back" the brand, would that potentially open up possibilities in the future, should GEC do SFOs again? Perhaps a Waynorth Cutlery Barlow with a reimagined bolster stamp?

Too early and not enough information, obviously, but it sure is nice to let the imagination run once in awhile.

I know it’s not for everyone, and I don’t blame people for disliking it, but I’m really genuinely excited for the glitter gold TC. Would I be wrong in thinking historical companies have done glitter covered Barlows?

Glitter seems appropriate, somehow!:pView attachment 1491010

I think the last run was your severance package....... Quite surprised that you two had not had a discussion about it.

Not a word, Mike!
Have you had a discussion??:rolleyes:

That said, I’m really trying not to be negative on here, but none of the above makes me feel positive feelings or think positive thoughts. The TC being made not as an SFO for waynorth waynorth without a word of discussion? Not at all how I would’ve hoped Bill would handle that transition, if a transition was to be made.

In fact, still in the interest of trying not to be overly negative, I’ll say that it’s a little disheartening.

EDIT: It’s not the first time a TC was made not as an SFO for Charlie, as there was the 2014 Rendezvous Special and 2017 (I think?) forum knife, but if I understand correctly Charlie was a part of the discussion on those. Is that the case?

Last edited:
I know it’s not for everyone, and I don’t blame people for disliking it, but I’m really genuinely excited for the glitter gold TC. Would I be wrong in thinking historical companies have done glitter covered Barlows?

That said, I’m really trying not to be negative on here, but none of the above makes me feel positive feelings or think positive thoughts. The TC being made not as an SFO for waynorth waynorth without a word of discussion? Not at all how I would’ve hoped Bill would handle that transition, if a transition was to be made.

In fact, still in the interest of trying not to be overly negative, I’ll say that it’s a little disheartening.

I’m with Logan on this one. Not the way I would’ve liked to see that transition happen.

I’m really trying not to be negative on here, but none of the above makes me feel positive feelings or think positive thoughts. The TC being made not as an SFO for waynorth waynorth without a word of discussion? Not at all how I would’ve hoped Bill would handle that transition, if a transition was to be made.

EDIT: It’s not the first time a TC was made not as an SFO for Charlie, as there was the 2014 Rendezvous Special and 2017 (I think?) forum knife, but if I understand correctly Charlie was a part of the discussion on those. Is that the case?
Yes, I was part of the alternate uses, but not part of this one!
I hope Bill let's me use Waynorth brand in the future! It's ultimately his show!!:rolleyes:

Charlie if you put out a knife from Waynorth, we are all going to buy it.
Thank for the vote of confidence, mcc850!!:)
That Gold knife reminded me of this one, found by one of our Porch-buddies on Canal St. and graciously gifted a while ago!!:cool:Bling me more 1.jpg
Maybe we should start a "Fun With Barlows" thread!!:D
I must admit the Gold one has it's attraction!!

Thank for the vote of confidence, mcc850!!:)
That Gold knife reminded me of this one, found by one of our Porch-buddies on Canal St. and graciously gifted a while ago!!:cool:View attachment 1491108
Maybe we should start a "Fun With Barlows" thread!!:D
I must admit the Gold one has it's attraction!!
Charlie, I somehow get the feeling that no matter what concoction someone comes up with for a knife, you'll already have something that resembles it. :p

The great thing about putting that gold acrylic on a barlow, is that the bolster takes up space that the scales would have otherwise occupied. Perhaps these should have had end caps and the banner shield as well! :D Kidding of course.

Honestly though, I think they'll be quite nice. Your CS is actually a uniquely handsome knife!

Back