What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Thanks Ryan!! I hope you and your young family are doing Good!!:)

I like that glitzy knife also! I had to take it down from a prominent Barlow display to take a picture!! It decorates my knife-room.
It's funny how it is frivolous yet serious!:D

Charlie, I'm a little surprised also that you wern't informed, maybe Bill wanted to keep it secret for as long as possible. We kind of figured some surprises were in the works as the production schedule had not been updated in awhile.

While not glitter gold here is a vintage Shapleigh with some fancy covers, think celluloid.

IMG_0508.jpeg IMG_0510.jpeg

Glad to see you still have the glitter gold* Barlow, Charlie! I got that at the Canal Street First Annual Open House. Eric A. was gracious to give me a personal tour as I was the first one there when the doors opened, and helped me pick that one out. I also picked up some reclaimed chestnut barn floor Half-Moon Trappers. I thought the Barlow was garish but fun, and it might be a nice contrast to your more august personal collection.

*Whenever I read “glitter gold”, I always hear the voice of Eddie Murphy on SNL making fun of Michael Jackson’s “glitter glove”. Lol

Thank for the vote of confidence, mcc850!!:)
That Gold knife reminded me of this one, found by one of our Porch-buddies on Canal St. and graciously gifted a while ago!!:cool:View attachment 1491108
Maybe we should start a "Fun With Barlows" thread!!:D
I must admit the Gold one has it's attraction!!

My entire collection of Barlows.
Top to bottom first column: 2 Ka Bars, 2 Remingtons, Camillus 51, Canal Street.
Second column is all Case.
Third column: Schrade, American Knife Co. (Japan o_O ), Camco, Imperial, Kutmaster.
I found the American Knife Co., Camco, Imperial, and Kutmaster in a dresser drawer when I was cleaning out Dad's place. I don't know if they were his or his Dad's or some mix. I never remember him carrying any of them.
View attachment 1490439
Ka-Bar is certainly one of the most desirable Barlow, along with the TCs. Gold flakes is amusing, but will there be enough for everyone to smile? :rolleyes:

Love the new sepia barlows, hopefully I can snag one.

My all time favorite is still the red marrow bone.

I also happen to like the tackiness of the glitter gold. Will try my darnedest to get one of those. Need it to make a matching set with my Canal Street Barlow!

Those canal street jacks in gold you and Charlie posted are just fantastic! Judge me all you want I don't care I like the glitter gold. :p

Ka-Bar is certainly one of the most desirable Barlow, along with the TCs. Gold flakes is amusing, but will there be enough for everyone to smile? :rolleyes:

I don't know how solid this info is but for what it's worth I reached out to my normal GEC Dealer last evening to inquire about these and was told. These are a small run and he was all sold out of both Glitter Gold and Osage. Thankfully I've been around long enough to have made more then one connection. ✌:)

I don't know how solid this info is but for what it's worth I reached out to my normal GEC Dealer last evening to inquire about these and was told. These are a small run and he was all sold out of both Glitter Gold and Osage. Thankfully I've been around long enough to have made more then one connection. ✌:)

just got that email response myself

Not certain, but in the picture, it looked like there were 26 glitter gold. That could have just been for that box they were in, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is an old school GEC short run. Remember all the runs of 25?

Not certain, but in the picture, it looked like there were 26 glitter gold. That could have just been for that box they were in, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is an old school GEC short run. Remember all the runs of 25?
Heard it was gonna be 10-20 knives of each cover to dealers.

Back