What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

a9tNGu.jpg

Thank you Charlie for a great knife and a cool hat! :cool:
Thanks Paul for, um, just thanks! :D

I'm basically a Barlow collector, it's hard to find vintage Barlows in high condition, most were heavily used, so I was pretty stoked when I pulled this mint unused Camillus 4 line Tip Top out of the padded envelope. I swear I cleaned some original shipping oil off the metal. Has beautiful saw cut ebony handles.

IMG_3023.jpeg IMG_3028.jpeg IMG_3030.jpeg IMG_3032.jpeg

I'm basically a Barlow collector, it's hard to find vintage Barlows in high condition, most were heavily used, so I was pretty stoked when I pulled this mint unused Camillus 4 line Tip Top out of the padded envelope. I swear I cleaned some original shipping oil off the metal. Has beautiful saw cut ebony handles.

View attachment 1495358 View attachment 1495359 View attachment 1495360 View attachment 1495361

That is a stellar looking knife - I love the tang stamps, classic stuff.

View attachment 1495358 View attachment 1495359 View attachment 1495360 View attachment 1495361
Wow, awesome score :thumbsup:
I used to spend many weekends at my local flea market hunting for Barlows; browsed through at least a hundred over the years and never found one that wasn’t “sharpened” on a grinder or sidewalk with very little blade left.

Thanks for the info B B.F.U and JoKr JoKr

Joe

idk if I showed it in those videos, I plan to in the longer video, but they also had a little surprise on the bottom of the tube. Idk if the ones sold through dealers will also (these were from the factory):

XpTRRYMl.jpg

Tell us how you really feel, Bill :eek:

I didn’t really get the story on why these were included but I’m guessing it means these are the “no BS barlow”

Last edited:

Wow that's a complete stunner Augie. Congratulations. ✌

Back