What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Definitely Charlie :) That Empire is special :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Nice Sheepfoot's Charlie, not easy to find in good condition recent or vintage.

View attachment 1544199

Nice pair yourself, John!!:thumbsup:

Thanks 6Strings 6Strings !!:)

Here are some newer ones!!:DView attachment 1544285 View attachment 1544287

Enjoying seeing these :) :thumbsup:

GQhBo95.jpg

Charlie, your latest creation is Stunning, I love the idea of back to basics and using the Bone the way you did with these, yet you ended up creating yet another masterpiece, and I want to thank my Very Good Friend Mr. Paul Hilborn for this amazing generous Gift!! Unbelievable- thank you Paul :eek::eek::D

8ykn5Se.jpg

PIXzX86.jpg

eTUn400.jpg

xlR5BKm.jpg

Well done @paulhilborn :) :thumbsup: That looks fantastic Duncan, and beautifully photographed too :) :thumbsup:

Duncan, we know how nice it is to own a TC yet that pales compared to gifting one:thumbsup: you'd know this first hand as you have gifted many. Jack, Barrett and myself as well as others have rec'd TC's as gifts from you. Charlie's TC's are very special as he ties the nuances of the great companies into these wonderful knives:cool::cool::cool:
This shipment caused more anxiety then any other shipment in the last 8-9 years:eek:

Valley City, Fargo, Dallas, Chicago, Tokyo:eek: then onto Australia and FINALLY New Zedland. Packed with this special TC were many other nice and rare knives and the thought of not arriving had me worried...but hey, it made it and we are 100% when it comes to our shipments. Glad it made it and glad you like it. Put it to good use my friend:)

The state of the postal system here has caused me a great deal of anxiety this past year :( After, both Duncan and @herder had packages returned to them, I have been very wary about ordering anything, and have shipped a lot less than usual. The relatively few parcels I have shipped all eventually got there, but even getting to the post office has been a difficult and stressful experience :(

1BbAfrt.jpg

That pic is so perfect I zoomed in to look at the scales on the knife and the leather smell hit me full force. Gorgeous barlow too.
Thank you! Sometimes the pics just come together really quick, this one did and I’m very pleased with it. A lot of character in those scales and the horween slip is great!

My photo setup is an old Nikon D300 with a 35mm lens, I have a single light (or window light when the weather is accommodating) I use a couple of hand held reflectors too to fill in shadows or highlight a blade edge or swedge etc, then plug the camera into my iPhone and do a simple edit and dust removal in the photoshop app. Total setup and shot time for this one was just a couple of minutes, I wish they were all this fast.

Back