What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

At 5 inches closed this Schrade grand daddy barlow is a monster.
QIqIma8.jpg

lC1HkNq.jpg

Bk0ckLD.jpg

That's old oak re-purposed after removal from the Castle Burg during a recent renovation. Only 1133 each of a few knife types were made with this wood.

edit - a couple of recycled photos:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

You got my interest humming and I just ordered this knife...... It will be my first new Boker.........

A little bit of a bummer in the mail call today. :(

That Boker barlow in brown Curly Birch that I specifically purchased because it didn't have a blade etch, was unfortunately misrepresented on the website and has an etch. So, it's the exact same knife I already have. :(

58dTUu5.jpg

I think I'm just going to send it back, but there is one thing giving me pause. I think it's kind of cool that this is the first knife in the run.

IkIdWq6.jpg

Last edited:

That Boker barlow in brown Curly Birch that I specifically purchased because it didn't have a blade etch, was unfortunately misrepresented on the website and has an etch. So, it's the exact same knife I already have. :(

58dTUu5.jpg

I think I'm just going to send it back, but there is one thing giving me pause. I think it's kind of cool that this is the first knife in the run.

IkIdWq6.jpg
That's not cool that they didn't properly represent what they were selling.
What number is the original one?

That's not cool that they didn't properly represent what they were selling.
What number is the original one?

Yea, it's not a big deal, but it is a bit annoying. I hope others weren't bamboozled too. :(

The other brown curly birch barlow is number 9. I think it has the better figure of the two, otherwise I'd just sell the #9 and keep the #1, lol.

KgNb9Qu.jpg

This is the pic from the website. :(

bokerbrown2.PNG

Last edited:

58dTUu5.jpg

IkIdWq6.jpg
The blade etch is why I bought another brown Curley Burch also. The 001 is cool, but personally, I’d go with the better looking knife over the serial number. Good luck, let us know how it goes.:):thumbsup:
Todd

Back