What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Very cool Buck barlow, it's the same overall as my Remington barlow which is Camillus made as well.
;)
0kfqoZp.jpg

Wonder which contract came first or if they were run simultaneously?

Wonder which contract came first or if they were run simultaneously?
Thanks David. I believe the Musket barlow came first simply because there have been some Buck's with a reverse tang mark of "Musket -1" but like most all things knife, there is some debate. And a lot of parts knives post Camillus' demise. That's a beautiful Musket barlow and they are wonderful.

Would like to share with you pictures of my new additions that I got with the recent lambsfoot purchase!

A.Wright and Sons Barlows and English Jack!
pvOVDeS.jpg

I will admit, the QA is hit or a miss but overall, the knives feel solid in hand. For example, bolster sizes/alignment:
Y749EV5.jpg

The pull on all of the A.Wright and Sons knives are say 8 to 9 to 10...no joke...On the 2 blade barlow, I couldn't get the secondary to open without a blade opener. On the English jack main blade, I can't get my fingernail in past the secondary to get a good pinch. The lambsfoot came with a proud blade tip that I had to file down.

When the blades snap, get your fingers out of there...they all have the Guillotine snap...whatever in its way, you are going to lose it! :D

Regardless, needs some caution but overall happy with the purchase!

*Edit*
What I should have said is that the knives are made for real working hands :) My hands aren't made for these knives! LOL

The blade etch is why I bought another brown Curley Burch also. The 001 is cool, but personally, I’d go with the better looking knife over the serial number. Good luck, let us know how it goes.:):thumbsup:
Todd

Long story short... I should be getting a refund.

They were willing to allow an exchange for the correct knife... But I would have to send the knife they incorrectly sent me back plus an extra $112 to go along with it. $112 extra to get the exact same knife without an etch was too hard of a pill to swallow.

The birch Boker barlow with the etch sells for about $115 - $120 at overseas stores. That same knife sells for $90 - $100 through U.S. dealers. Seems normal.

Now here is where things get weird. The exact same knife without an etch sells for $75 - $95 at overseas stores. U.S. dealers are selling that same knife for over $200. What the heck is going on??

Last edited:
Long story short... I should be getting a refund.

They were willing to allow an exchange for the correct knife... But I would have to send the knife they incorrectly sent me back plus an extra $112 to go along with it. $112 extra to get the exact same knife without an etch was too hard of a pill to swallow.

The birch Boker barlow with the etch sells for about $115 - $120 at overseas stores. That same knife sells for $90 - $100 through U.S. dealers. Seems normal.

Now here is where things get weird. The exact same knife without an etch sells for $75 - $95 at overseas stores. U.S. dealers are selling that same knife for over $200. What the heck is going on??
That makes no sense at all, and I don’t blame you for being angry. Boker’s price are hard to understand at times.:confused:

Back