What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

I picked up these sweet Remington Barlows that are stamped Authorized Reproduction Germany. The fit and finish is nice, particularly on the smooth amber bone. I've tried researching them but haven't come up with much. Anyone know anything about them?
View attachment 1564886
Other than the fact that they are gorgeous, I can’t help you, but I guarantee there are folks here that can. Great pick up!😎👍

It's not unusual for me to start my week with this one ;) :thumbsup:

FCUwvca.jpg

Fit and finish is real nice. Well rounded corners and comfortable to hold.
Also, super sharp.

My only gripe about this knife is that my hands weren’t made for this knife lol. The pull on the main feels like 11 to me. Probably isn’t :D I’m using a blade pick.

Also, get your fingers out of there when it closes...guillotine at its best :)

Best part? One of the cheapest brand new traditional I’ve bought in recent memory :D

I bought a Taylors Eye Witness recently and partly due to the lower f&f I happily took a file to the tang and rounded off the corners so I could open it. Your A.Wright might benefit from that.

Last edited:
Fit and finish is real nice. Well rounded corners and comfortable to hold.
Also, super sharp.

My only gripe about this knife is that my hands weren’t made for this knife lol. The pull on the main feels like 11 to me. Probably isn’t :D I’m using a blade pick.

Also, get your fingers out of there when it closes...guillotine at its best :)

Best part? One of the cheapest brand new traditional I’ve bought in recent memory :D
Thanks for the information, sounds right up my alley! 🔮 I see an order in my future!
😁👍
Todd

I bought a Taylors Eye Witness recently and partly due to the lower f&f I happily took a file to the tang and rounded off the corners so I could open it. Your A.Wright might benefit from that.
I might try this. Need to find a file small enough file to fit. Want to be careful not to scuff up the liners too much :D Thank you for the suggestion!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back