What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Amazing collection, especially for me (who now I've started to discover), the Boker!!! ;)👍👍

Thanks!

I hope you get good Bokers, and enjoy them.

I've been happy with my Boker purchases so far. Based on the knives in that tray, the Bokers are more consistent in construction and slightly better than Case. The "worst" of my Bokers is built better than the "average" of my Case Barlows. Shame, as the black synthetic with quatrefoil shield (center, bottom row) is just about perfect. I wish Case had done the same level of work on the others. Others here on the porch have had a better experience than I with Case Barlows. Or maybe my expectations are too high.

I hope you get good Bokers, and enjoy them.

I've been happy with my Boker purchases so far. Based on the knives in that tray, the Bokers are more consistent in construction and slightly better than Case. The "worst" of my Bokers is built better than the "average" of my Case Barlows. Shame, as the black synthetic with quatrefoil shield (center, bottom row) is just about perfect. I wish Case had done the same level of work on the others. Others here on the porch have had a better experience than I with Case Barlows. Or maybe my expectations are too high.

Thank you, I have my only Case Barlow in stag for years and I like it a lot, as for Boker, I started now I still only have Castle Burg (536/1133) and I loved it.;)👍👍

Thanks, fellas!
The far right example is an old Robeson. I included it because, to me, it has some of the red undertones that the Hemlock Green might have. Though I also understand that is much more worn, and flatter, than what we might receive in the 2021 BF Knife.

Thanks, fellas!
The far right example is an old Robeson. I included it because, to me, it has some of the red undertones that the Hemlock Green might have. Though I also understand that is much more worn, and flatter, than what we might receive in the 2021 BF Knife.
is there a 2021 BF Knife sign up yet? sincere question... thanks.

is there a 2021 BF Knife sign up yet? sincere question... thanks.
We're currently voting on color. Or I should say on the shade of brown. Quite the lively discussion :)

Another recent barlow acquisition...Quite similar to Schrade 206 but with a different swedge and bolster...Notice the patterns on the covers? Just about identical...

Who knows what the story is?

OaYT066.jpg
5rki5aM.jpg
I’m a sucker for engraving. Is this stamped or engraved?

This is certainly not my most traditional Barlow, but I carry this thing alot.

I’ve got the dom and I have nothing but good things to say about these lionsteel’s. Fantastic walk and talk. Genius fit and finish approach with the rounded spring. Of course I wish it was pinned instead of torx but all in all a great knife!

Attachments

• D7DC0D6D-0026-415C-B217-256FC94679A3.jpeg
    D7DC0D6D-0026-415C-B217-256FC94679A3.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 7
None of the old classic goodness some of you all have, but here's an updated Barlow family shot. Yes, there's a couple duplicates. Grabbed spares of the ones I like most, still debating whether to grab another Bog Oak Barlow, or not. Not shown are the modern-traditionals (CK/ LionSTEEL Shuffler and Roundhead). Crappy snapshot in a crappy tray from a crappy chest.
original.jpg
Curious if you have a single most favorite.

Back