What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Those are just fantastic Charlie, what a wonderful collection :) Thanks for including the Yorkshire Rose :) :thumbup:

Nice Schrade, Ron! Only be ashamed of the knives you don't show us!! We wanna see 'em all!!:)

Here are some old ones - likely the oldest I own. The top (#14) and bottom (#15) are, of course, TCs - for comparison.
Oldest%20group%201_zpszs76n8pq.jpg

Charlie - Thanks for the compliment on the Schrade! :) I will always show'em if I got'em. :D Just think in 100 years
people will be looking at that Scratted Parchment Bone Ancient TC and drooling just as we are now with these oldies!
Thanks for sharing with us Charlie! :)

Here are some old ones - likely the oldest I own. The top (#14) and bottom (#15) are, of course, TCs - for comparison.
Oldest%20group%201_zpszs76n8pq.jpg

Wonderful array, Charlie!

One of the things I love most about your TC barlows is the way in which they immediately beg, encourage, and enliven connections to the knives that have come before, catalyzing fresh appreciation for the historical patterns that inspire them.

As captured above, the emergence of the #14 barlows causes my eye (and affections) to be drawn to the teeny-tinies in a wholly new way.

Well done, once again!

~ P.

Just think in 100 years people will be looking at that Scratted Parchment Bone Ancient TC and drooling just as we are now with these oldies!

I really think they will Ron :) :thumbup:

One of the things I love most about your TC barlows is the way in which they immediately beg, encourage, and enliven connections to the knives that have come before, catalyzing fresh appreciation for the historical patterns that inspire them.

Well said P :thumbup:

Very nice Charlie, love your collection of old ones. You got to let that purple one out of the dark and take some of your great scans of it:D

IMG_4065_zpso4wowdpk.jpg

You guys really do have some old treasures, love seeing them. :)

I have been using this Days Work as a worry stone lately. The rivers in the soup blow me away each time and feel really neat.

20160827_141247_zpssvoy2yfc.jpg

Wow Drew! That one has some of the deepest marrow channel I've ever seen. Lots of great character. :cool::thumbup:

Charlie and Augie,

Lovely old Barlows, Oh man do they get you thinking - great to see - we appreciate the viewing greatly gentleman.

Charlie and Augie, I'll echo the others here. Just amazing!!!

Drew, what a wonderful knife my friend;):cool::thumbup:

Charlie & John - Awesome don't cover it! I just keep looking at all of these wonderful old Barlows. :)

Drew - Soups on! :thumbup: That is a wonderful photo of what has to be one of the best Soupbones I have seen! :D

Very nice Charlie, love your collection of old ones. You got to let that purple one out of the dark and take some of your great scans of it:D

IMG_4065_zpso4wowdpk.jpg

Nice display of purple yourself, John!
I'll get another pic up tomorrow!

Nice Soup, Drew! A river of Soup!!! :thumbup:

I think I will make soup for dinner!!:D

As promised to John; that fine old Purple has emerged from its dark, musty cave, along with some friends, and the same honor guard of modern-mades, top and bottom!

Oldest%20Grp%20A_zpsoo77pyfz.jpg

Thanks John, for passing along the Purple. Now I just have to convince Bill to use the same dye - someday!:confused:

Back