What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Getting closer to my goal of collecting a trio of long pull, single blade barlows with stockman blades. I still want an long pull, single clip with sawcut bone covers but that's proving to be difficult to obtain.

IMG_5900_zpswedepvfl.jpg

Incredible find :) :thumbup:

Fantastic pics Charlie, always wonderful to see more Barlows from your collection :) :thumbup:

image_zpsh77i2fj4.jpeg

Beautiful Brett : ) And I envy your ability to determine and follow through on what suits you best. The Palo Santo is truly special.

Last edited:
Some of the Oldest Ones (with a few oddballs mixed in), who missed the last curtain call:

Oldest%20Grp%20B_zpsatof4c9j.jpg

Oldest%20Grp%20c_zpsv0naoxld.jpg

Oldest%20Grp%20D_zpsft1yhcdh.jpg

That last pic is of a mark registered to Matthew Oates, Stannington, in the late 18th century! Is that my oldest? Hmmmm . . . . . .?

Those oldies Charlue are a sight for sure. The Field & Co, Non XLL and the DE are a stunning trio together.

Just beautiful Oldie but Goldie Barlows Charlie! I can only imagine what those Barlows could say about their travels and what they have seen.:biggrin: Lloyd

Beautiful Brett : ) And I envy your ability to determine and follow through on what suits you best. The Palo Santo is truly special.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Drew. I appreciate it. :thumbup: I've tried many knives and have sold off or given away several grails and a few personal favorites. I've certainly learned the hard way on what I like. ;). I certainly LIKE more than I allow myself to have. :D

Back