What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

I have to agree with everything that the other guys said too Charlie !!!!! That old Matthew Oates from Sdannington is just unbelievably well kept !!!
Do everyone of them have Integral Bolsters ????

Thanks for posting the Old Guys Charlie !!! It is just a treat to get to see them . They have defined what an Old Barlow is.

Harry

I am wishing that we had more depth here in NZ to find such lovely old Barlows. The knives shown here lately are just stunning.

Last edited:
Carried these two Barlow's over the Labor Day weekend. Both are good!

Obviously the Texas Oeser is very special, but the Sawcut Soupbone TC is a cool story.

Sent her away for awhile to a good knife buddy (Primble) but now she found her way back to me. Great weekend.

43EA7C49-328F-4747-8E4C-426F323A051A_zpszumcqw8m.jpg

F78C09FD-D496-441F-B4DD-2A16D50E24A2_zpsxfothk8c.jpg

Oh I like that one Drew!!! I chased one for a long time then Lloyd was so kind to bring my search to an end...Thank you again Lloyd.

I spoke to Duncan and he was happy that you became it's new owner. Some of us see knives so near and dear they're family like. It's nice when they go to a good home;):thumbup:

Nice to see my old friend again Drew.
Thank you again for all your support to Bob - you have been amazing.

I have to agree with everything that the other guys said too Charlie !!!!! That old Matthew Oates from Stannington is just unbelievably well kept !!!
Do everyone of them have Integral Bolsters ????

Thanks for posting the Old Guys Charlie !!! It is just a treat to get to see them . They have defined what an Old Barlow is.

Harry

Harry, interestingly, that Matthew Oates has very thin applied bolsters!

Thank you guys, I am very honored to have it. The spirit in which it was sold and the help it directed to a friend make it priceless. Duncan so much respect to you sir, I promise to cherish it.

This came in the mail today. Holy smokes, what a cool knife. I couldn't be happier with it. I can't wait to start carrying it. Thanks to choombak, to dom007bondnm for recommending the Ancients to me, and of course to Mr. Campagna for all the fantastic SFOs. (I just broke down and picked up a 48 Diamond Jack in the exchange today. The knife budget once again went kablooey.)

IMG_0471_zpsaamazlbx.jpg

- John

Last edited:
Antique Amber Sawcut Bone LPS_

The 3rd time I've owned one of these. My 'birthday knife'. The reason I call the anniversary and very first PPP knives that are because they were thought up/manufactured around or on my birthday, 12/12/92.
This one has some great opposite direction sawcut on the pile side.

tumblr_odetoqptun1rzq6m9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_odetoqptun1rzq6m9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_odetoqptun1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Back