1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Sandmage

Sandmage Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I thought TCs couldn't be improved, but Evan's work has changed my mind!

2. MJ71

MJ71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yes. It's like Sandmage says, just when you think the TC legacy couldn't be improved, along comes the incredible skills of Evan and the equally incredible generosity of Paul and Duncan. Outstanding effort from all quarters. And can I say to Bob that I really felt for you when you put your beloved red soup bone up for purchase. I'm guessing (hoping) this has more than made up for having to let that one go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    It certainly takes the sting off a bit Mark. :D It wasn't helping matters that Travman has been posting up some fantastic pics of it almost daily either. :eek: It would seem that it has quickly become one of his favorites as well since purchasing it from me. :cool:

4. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I wonder where this Barlow was made??

5. Captain O

Captain O Banned BANNED

Apr 14, 2015
    Great knife!

6. Todd Isa 53

Todd Isa 53 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2010
    The Barlow of Barlows! IMHO [emoji6]GEC Soupbone TC Barlow. Henstooth! [​IMG]

7. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    That sure is a beauty Todd. :thumbup:

8. MJ71

Mar 18, 2016
    Todd. That is truly superb. There's something about that combination of sheepfoot and soupbone that ticks all the right boxes.

9. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Todd you inspired me to snap a quick pic of mine. I won't even try to equal your superb photo quality, big fan of your instagram photos and that knife is as close to perfect as possible, but I thought this shows the really neat channel on this one.

[​IMG]

And Duncan, wow! You have a beautiful collection sir!

10. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Few more added to the collection, a Craftsman which I am pretty sure is the same knife as an Ulster 10OT, shown with a 10OT and a no name, all made by Ulster. these are well made Barlows and can be found unused fairly easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Received these 2 Queen made contract knives from the 90's and early 2000's, these are very well made knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Atiger

Atiger Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 7, 2016
    What he said...

[​IMG][/IMG]

12. Atiger

Atiger Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 7, 2016
    I bought this one with the understanding that it was not an "original" Primble but likely one made after the sale of the Belknap/Primble/India Steel Works brand in 1985. I haven't found a lot of information about these and was wondering if someone with more information could confirm that it's a post-1985 knife.

I must say however, despite not being a real Primble, it's a rather pretty knife.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

13. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    TC down by the river

[​IMG]

14. Knife freaky

Knife freaky

Dec 1, 2016
    Great photo! Can't get enough of those Tc Barlows! Have a good weekend!

Daniel.

15. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    Thank you Daniel!

16. MJ71

Mar 18, 2016
    Love the scales on that Robeson. Reminds me of the blood red jigged on the recent 77 run.

17. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    [​IMG]

18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Mr. Charlie, this barlow is from Solingen Germany.
    I also have another one in Stag.

[​IMG]

19. freekboi

freekboi

Mar 3, 2006
    Love the stag on that one.

20. Knife freaky

Knife freaky

Dec 1, 2016
    Love it! Love it! Love it! As you may have noticed I like Barlows! Great pic as well!

Daniel.