What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Yes. It's like Sandmage says, just when you think the TC legacy couldn't be improved, along comes the incredible skills of Evan and the equally incredible generosity of Paul and Duncan. Outstanding effort from all quarters. And can I say to Bob that I really felt for you when you put your beloved red soup bone up for purchase. I'm guessing (hoping) this has more than made up for having to let that one go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly takes the sting off a bit Mark. :D It wasn't helping matters that Travman has been posting up some fantastic pics of it almost daily either. :eek: It would seem that it has quickly become one of his favorites as well since purchasing it from me. :cool:

axfuj4.jpg

I wonder where this Barlow was made??

Todd. That is truly superb. There's something about that combination of sheepfoot and soupbone that ticks all the right boxes.

Todd you inspired me to snap a quick pic of mine. I won't even try to equal your superb photo quality, big fan of your instagram photos and that knife is as close to perfect as possible, but I thought this shows the really neat channel on this one.

IMG_1269_zps2ebyxjmw.jpg

And Duncan, wow! You have a beautiful collection sir!

Few more added to the collection, a Craftsman which I am pretty sure is the same knife as an Ulster 10OT, shown with a 10OT and a no name, all made by Ulster. these are well made Barlows and can be found unused fairly easily.

IMG_6614_zpsjrxpknzc.jpg

IMG_6616_zpsha4wuygc.jpg

Received these 2 Queen made contract knives from the 90's and early 2000's, these are very well made knives.

IMG_6632_zpsd46uvxkf.jpg

IMG_6633_zpsv3ikdo91.jpg

IMG_6636_zpsavhdcozh.jpg

What he said...

64802bbe1947ba980bfa84abc17eee6c_zps2k0pjgkt.jpg
[/IMG]

Few more added to the collection, a Craftsman which I am pretty sure is the same knife as an Ulster 10OT, shown with a 10OT and a no name, all made by Ulster. these are well made Barlows and can be found unused fairly easily.

IMG_6614_zpsjrxpknzc.jpg

I bought this one with the understanding that it was not an "original" Primble but likely one made after the sale of the Belknap/Primble/India Steel Works brand in 1985. I haven't found a lot of information about these and was wondering if someone with more information could confirm that it's a post-1985 knife.

I must say however, despite not being a real Primble, it's a rather pretty knife.

fda669a25b8ba3b5d315b908abd4adb5_zps4fqcmzqj.jpg
[/IMG]
9b61a247bdd7f80760c20af5dfce714f_zps1dfmjatf.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the scales on that Robeson. Reminds me of the blood red jigged on the recent 77 run.

Back