What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Nice shot, Atiger! I tend to like the same butterscotch to amber colors you have there, and one time when I had just got a new one in, I showed it to my wife.
"What do you think of this one, Hon?" Her response was, "It looks like all the other ones!" :( There's no accounting for taste.

Right, no accounting for taste. :)

Three of my favorite Barlow's ...:D

25krazc.jpg

Great Barlows Pt-Luso! Are you finding them in Portugal???

Atiger, you must have found a treasure chest somewhere!!!

Camillus Barlows are great, Ron! Nice examples there!!
I wonder if Camillus made the most Barlows of anyone in the middle of the 20th century?? Utica made a lot also.
Seems I remember a thread about Camillus-made knives on this forum??
Anyone remember it??

Wonderful Fish Barlow Guestwho!!! look at those covers:cool::thumbup::thumbup: darn spellcheck just kicks out Gev everytime:eek::D

Two absolute beauties Ron:thumbup::cool:

Last edited:
Nice Fish Barlow, GuestWho!
I am waiting for one! No knife before its time!!

Great Barlows Pt-Luso! Are you finding them in Portugal???

Atiger, you must have found a treasure chest somewhere!!!

Camillus Barlows are great, Ron! Nice examples there!!
I wonder if Camillus made the most Barlows of anyone in the middle of the 20th century?? Utica made a lot also.
Seems I remember a thread about Camillus-made knives on this forum??
Anyone remember it??

Thank You! Unfortunately not. I have bought most in the U.S. on Ebay !!!
My big problem is that they become very expensive because of what I paid for in Customs.

I'm not sure how I managed to get several pages behind with this thread :eek: Wow! You guys are really showing some beauties! :) :thumbup:

Atiger, Pt-Luso, Ron, Guestwho, you all have posted some very nice Barlows, is thread has so many fantastic Barlows posted in it, great reference.

These Queen Anniversary Barlows have become a little bit of an obsession of mine, pick them up whenever I can find one for cheap. They have really nice bone with great earth tone colors, they were made in 1972, hard to believe they are 45 years old now.

IMG_6682_zpsadoftpsq.jpg

IMG_6683_zpscsnkdceb.jpg

IMG_6686_zps8dmn91az.jpg

Wow John, I see them from time to time but never really looked at them till now. Very nice my friend, gorgeous covers:cool::thumbup:

Back