What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Wanted to get this mint Kutmaster New Holland Barlow that Duncan generously gifted me at the Rendezvous in this thread where it belongs. What puts this one over the top is its original packaging, given as a gift to farmers stopping in their New Holland dealer.
So all of you that have New Hollands this is how it was packaged, dates from early 60's. The copper Walking Liberty is a great gift from Ron.

IMG_7215.jpg IMG_7217.jpg

Here are pictures of the proud papa himself holding the new born! numero uno! (taken by me as Bill handed it to Charlie fresh from the Birthing suite!)
YahRRyh.jpg NO WAY!!!!!!! NO Son of Charlie's!!:(
Charlie would NEVER put Micarta on a Traditional Barlow!!! Only Traditional materials for Charlie's offspring!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave

Last edited:
I absolutely love my Queen "Drake Well!" Beautiful bone that's hard to capture in a photo and an extremely solid knife.

IMG_7780.jpg

Here are pictures of the proud papa himself holding the new born! numero uno! (taken by me as Bill handed it to Charlie fresh from the Birthing suite!)
View attachment 750419 NO WAY!!!!!!! NO Son of Charlie's!!:(
Charlie would NEVER put Micarta on a Traditional Barlow!!! Only Traditional materials for Charlie's offspring!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave
Throwback? Foundling? Cuckoo? I love 'em just the same!!:D

Nice Drake, tstaut!!!

I think I found myself a nice old barlow. We will see what its like when it arrives. Seeing Charlie's wonderful lineup at the GEC Rendezvous had me wanting an older one with a bit more character.

Hi everyone
First of all Augie my friend - thank you for your kind words in your above post about the New Holland Barlow :thumbsup:

Now just out pure interest I thought you all would like to pop over to Bernard's Identification Thread where there is a Barlow with a Hawkbill Blade - very interesting!!!

The bone color looks a lot nicer in the rendezvous photos on the previous page

Last edited:
Back