What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

waynorth waynorth - Charlie here you go my friend! I bought this one from you at the 2015 Rendezvous. Primble was trying to get it out of my hand. ;) I actually have one of each of the Ancients except the reverse Parchment. I don't know how I let one of those elude me. I was a Rendezvous newbie that year and I probably didn't realize exactly what was going on with the reverse examples. You know with all the excitement! :D

20665780625_fae67dc850_b_d.jpg

20477781588_a4858b1ebf_b_d.jpg

waynorth waynorth - Charlie here you go my friend! I bought this one from you at the 2015 Rendezvous. Primble was trying to get it out of my hand. ;) I actually have one of each of the Ancients except the reverse Parchment. I don't know how I let one of those elude me. I was a Rendezvous newbie that year and I probably didn't realize exactly what was going on with the reverse examples. You know with all the excitement! :D

20665780625_fae67dc850_b_d.jpg

20477781588_a4858b1ebf_b_d.jpg

very cool Ron ive been obsessing over the ancients lately because of their aesthetics. the lambfoots ive been buying are very close to it in blade shape and just fits in the blade well so well

While I'm in the Ancient frame of mind here is my family portrait! :D I'm proud to own these but what makes them extra special to me is the fact that I got them from the man himself! Thanks Charlie! :)
20254185168_58261013f8_b_d.jpg

20254089280_fe0370f72e_b_d.jpg

haha, you dont say!! the ones ive gotten from Charlie are the ones I tend to treasure more!

very cool Ron ive been obsessing over the ancients lately because of their aesthetics. the lambfoots ive been buying are very close to it in blade shape and just fits in the blade well so well

Thanks Jack! :)

I believe I can accommodate with a pic also....
View attachment 754122
Dave

That's a nice one Dave! :thumbsup:

haha, you dont say!! the ones ive gotten from Charlie are the ones I tend to treasure more!

:thumbsup::D

Thanks for the pictures and nice words, Ron, Dave, Russell and Jack!
Ron, don't feel bad about the "red star" parchments. I somehow let mine slip away to some "rabid" collector!!:rolleyes:
That was an interesting Rendezvous back then. I was pretty new at it also!:)
So, there were only 10 soupbones made in that run. They vanished in the blink of an eye!!:eek:
Bill is so busy he hasn't had a chance to make any surprises of late. Beerlows, dead skunks - he even made me an Elephant one from an old tusk I found for him which came from pre-WWI.

Don't think I have seen one of those "Red Star" reverse parchment bones. Anyone have a pic of one?

Russell

Ron Excellent group shot:cool::thumbsup: But the one that always stands out for me is the 'scratted' somehow that works best of all!

Thanks, Will

I am a big fan of TC barlows but I have never liked the ancient barlows! I don't think they are a good traditional barlow at all.

On the other hand, sawcut antique bone like the one posted a few pages back has me green with envy.

Each to their own I suppose :D

I am a big fan of TC barlows but I have never liked the ancient barlows! I don't think they are a good traditional barlow at all.

On the other hand, sawcut antique bone like the one posted a few pages back has me green with envy.

Each to their own I suppose :D

I like them all well enough, but the spey blade 15's are, by my eye, the most pleasing. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet!

Back