What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

View attachment 754405 mrknife mrknife thats exactly what I like about the ancients as well. The blade is very interesting, like the crescent nail nick, amazing walk and talk, the scratted bone on mine is awesome and I really dig the cc stamp. But when closed it's just so sleek!
View attachment 754403

precisely! i suppose a little bit more blade wouldnt hurt but it definitely is very sleek when closed. knowtracks knowtracks showed me one during the rendezvous and it was a special scratted bone

Mine has the best walk, talk, and snap of any of my GEC's. Perfectly flush at half stop. A definite favorite.

vkZyvOW.jpg

precisely! i suppose a little bit more blade wouldnt hurt but it definitely is very sleek when closed. knowtracks knowtracks showed me one during the rendezvous and it was a special scratted bone
Dave scratted that one himself! It's the coolest scratting yet, IMO!!
Hope he shows us a pic again!!:rolleyes:

Goodness gracious sake's alive, Drew, what a marvelous, majestic collection of TCs!!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I especially admire the blade variety! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

So jealous of those Ancient TCs.

Currently, I'm just soaking up the love of my '17 BF Barlow. This is an awesome pocket knife! All of my half-stops are flush and I love this natural micarta.

Tomorrow is another TC Barlow day, with my Cranberry coming to its new home. I've already named it Angry Ram.

IMG_0020.JPG

So jealous of those Ancient TCs.

Currently, I'm just soaking up the love of my '17 BF Barlow. This is an awesome pocket knife! All of my half-stops are flush and I love this natural micarta.

Tomorrow is another TC Barlow day, with my Cranberry coming to its new home. I've already named it Angry Ram.

View attachment 754661

sweet scores! i missed the reserve sadly on mikes site, was put on standby but hopefully one will turn up eventually. not too keen on the sheepsfoot usually but that ancient sure reminds me of the lambsfoots!

Reactions: HST
Nice group of knives Ron, here's my ancient soup bone.
View attachment 754226

Thanks Russell! That is a nice example as well my friend! :thumbsup:

Ron Excellent group shot:cool::thumbsup: But the one that always stands out for me is the 'scratted' somehow that works best of all!

Thanks, Will

Thank you Will! :)

I do believe I can show 1. :D
View attachment 754374
Dave

Dave my friend thanks a lot for your photos. All are beautiful examples! :thumbsup:

Sorry Charlie I am just seeing your post request. Here is my soup, one of my most treasured knives =)

IMG_3075_zpsijbsfipm.jpg

IMG_3076_zpsrpyoagwd.jpg

Some really amazing knives in just the last 3 pages!

Drew you are showing some beautiful soup as well my friend! All very nice! :thumbsup::cool:

This one is hot off the press so to say! It was so great to see these being made, I actually believe I saw this one at the Rendezvous!!! :rolleyes:;)
36765310595_d5f8ab2b8a_b.jpg

Back