What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

So whats the difference between the reverse and regular parchment bone?

No John, the only real difference I can see is the dye is darker on the normal Parchment Bone.

Dave
But you know, when you have got to have one of every one made. :rolleyes:o_O

John and Dave I was there and I remember Charlie and Evan talking about the reverse parchment. I could be totally wrong about this but I believe the "Reverse" came about from the fact that they hafted, by mistake of course, 5 or so knives with the bone on backwards or inside out or what ever the correct way to say this would be! :rolleyes: That explains the difference in the shading and colors of the Bone! That also explains the corrections on the tube end label where Charlie added the Rev and the Red Star! Charlie please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Glad I was able to get one of these Forum Knives. It begs to be carried and used!

HQOMSxX.jpg

wnYq9MS.jpg

View attachment 754805

Nice to see the BFC Barlows turning up. I did get one of the oil sucker rod wood knives .but had to hunt for it, Nice one Dave.
As we are going through the soup bones I dug this one up from batch.

Ah, the infamous "TC" Beerlow. Probably the rarest knife I've owned. Great soup bone on yours!

I have a red sawcut sheepfoot on the way! Seeing the covers on these at the Rendezvous made me really happy, they're just great looking. Right up there with the red soup bone.

A good Sheepsfoot blade, no sharp edges other than the one meant to cut, comfortable in my hand, good lookin' and a sturdy knife. I look at Barlows like I look at Sodbusters, there's room for both regular and husky versions.

In fact here's a perfect example of a good Barlow.

U3Obirx.jpg

Dave - thank you for bringing out those Stews Blades! Great to see them!
Guys thank you for showing the latest Sheepsfoot TC.
Paul let me know that he took arrival of a couple the other day - one tucked away for me until such time some mire knives get shipped.
:D:thumbsup:
Travman- great to see that smiling friend in the background :thumbsup:

Back