What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Actually, I find that the hunting for anything is the best part!!:D
As one granddaughter would say, "way funner!!"
:D:D

TC barlows are a myth! They don't really exist. I've been looking for one for over a year and can't find one anywhere. Not on any of GEC's dealer sites or any other site. All the pics of them in this thread are photoshopped! No such knives exist. Until I have one in hand, I don't believe they are real. :(

Rich

There are at least 14 of them on that big auction site right now. Take your pick.

You won't be disappointed Duncan, thanks to a very kind Forum member I recently acquired one and think it's fantastic. No suprise being a TC but they did a great job on them. Perfect carry knife : )

I can't wait until I see my BF TC Barlow. The very very worrying thing about this is that mine is in the hands of a Mr. Paul Hilborn- I'm thinking I might get an older Camco with TC etched in Vivid Marker on the Bolsters in place! :eek:
Duncan, let me put your mind at ease my friend. You're in good hands with Paul. He sent me a pic of your BF TC. I'm pretty sure it's the real deal. Rest easy buddy.
eeZVzVQ.jpg

All my knives pale in contrast to the TC that Bob posted.....

At the begining of August, I did not own a TC Barlow. Six weeks later I have two. It can be done.
Size comparison between 14 and 15 frame.

wPkFAO8.jpg

Last edited:
Duncan, let me put your mind at ease my friend. You're in good hands with Paul. He sent me a pic of your BF TC. I'm pretty sure it's the real deal. Rest easy buddy.
eeZVzVQ.jpg
Oh Man!!!
Bob - my worries are over now that I have eye balled my TC- and the fact that you my friend have ok'd it to be the real deal!
I was really worried that Paul would pull a swiftly - but that TC is out of the park!!
Dig that textured Mircata - I'm really proud that I have got to learn so much about knives and knowing how to spot fakes! :thumbsup: That one there IS the real deal for sure - Wahoo - I've finally scored!

Thank you everyone for all the hard work involved in the latest release of the TC- Bobs pic of my TC Barlow shows the almost custom Quality of that awesome Knife :thumbsup:

Very nice job Bob!

Just goes to show that any motivated backyard mechanic with the right tools and equipment can make a TC Barlow:eek:

Duncan you have to watch out for boosters everywhere!

Oh Man!!!
Bob - my worries are over now that I have eye balled my TC- and the fact that you my friend have ok'd it to be the real deal!
I was really worried that Paul would pull a swiftly - but that TC is out of the park!!
Dig that textured Mircata - I'm really proud that I have got to learn so much about knives and knowing how to spot fakes! :thumbsup: That one there IS the real deal for sure - Wahoo - I've finally scored!

Thank you everyone for all the hard work involved in the latest release of the TC- Bobs pic of my TC Barlow shows the almost custom Quality of that awesome Knife :thumbsup:
You had nothing at all to worry about Pal. :D:D:D

Back