What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Still in my pocket and helping out with some grocery shopping :)

IMG_3371_zpszuiiikf4.jpg

Makes grocery shopping a little more enjoyable!:thumbsup:

That's a beauty, and definitely one of my favorite ones!
Many thanks! Hard to tell in the picture but the handles are already starting to mellow a bit and take on a slight pocket worn feel/look :thumbsup:

Reactions: HST
IMG_7103.JPG As always, it's a privilege to come by these. Each is optimal in its own way. But the Ebony with its rounded covers takes line honours for me. It's going to be an instant user. Sincere thanks to all involved in their design, production and distribution. MJ.

That knife improves that beautiful landscape!!!
:D:D:D
It sure does.:) My camera can only focus on one thing so the knife came out real clear in that one. Here is a pic from a hike around Grand Island(or I call paradise) a few weeks ago. The background came out better on this one.
wcrsGMph.jpg

Around the fire with your dog and Barlow. It's a beautiful thing.
g5D6O5mh.jpg

Last edited:
Here's three old traditional barlows to help boost the thread forward...

YFPhJvv.jpg
Wow those are great, Atiger! What is the one with the federal shield stamp?

One of my favorite things about Barlows is the bolster stamp. If a Barlow doesn't have one, it can still be a nice knife, but I'll always feel disappointed with it. That's why I can't get too excited about the new Boker offerings.

That's a Columbia barlow - and I agree with your perspective on bolster stamps.

Wow those are great, Atiger! What is the one with the federal shield stamp?

One of my favorite things about Barlows is the bolster stamp. If a Barlow doesn't have one, it can still be a nice knife, but I'll always feel disappointed with it. That's why I can't get too excited about the new Boker offerings.

Back