What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

I don’t normally go for the daddy barlow but this 1999 Robeson was up for auction and caught my eye.

RugdFEA.jpg

Turned out a fellow BF member was the seller and he threw in a bonus Robeson toothpick! Thanks @huelsdonk!

Anyway this knife is beautiful and I was impressed by the quality and the color of the strawberry bone. I have since bought a couple more in that series that are on their way to me. These will be the first Queen made knives I have owned.

Last edited:
P Pkt_Rkt Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I will try to break it to you softly, because you are new in these parts.
This new knife will be hard to get. Mainly because of simple supply and demand. The " reservation" mentioned are in fact early reserves though dealers. They sold out in the blink of an eye.
But the reality is that there are only gonna be a couple of hundred made, and a couple of thousand people who want to buy one.

This forum is a great place to learn about traditional pocket knives.
So welcome to the Porch.

I thought Charlie said there'll be 500 to make it available to everyone who wants one.

There will be 500 of these Barlows made. I hope everyone who wants one gets one!!

This new knife will be hard to get. Mainly because of simple supply and demand. The " reservation" mentioned are in fact early reserves though dealers. They sold out in the blink of an eye.
But the reality is that there are only gonna be a couple of hundred made, and a couple of thousand people who want to buy one.

So welcome to the Porch.

So welcome to the Porch.
Thanks, I figured it was along this lines.

I see there's a club knife coming. I like Buck knives. Maybe I'll be able to get one of them.

It’s what people who have frequented this particular form for a while refer to this particular forum as. (Traditional folders and fixed blades) they’d also probably say to pull up a chair and set a spell.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing the upcoming Ancient, everything about it intrigues me. Fortune did not smile upon me during the early reserve window, but I will enjoy experiencing the Barlow vicariously through you all. Everything from the blade shape and its swedge, the Ancient finish, and the unique dye has me really eager to start seeing some pictures.

It’s what people who have frequented this particular form for a while refer to this particular forum as. (Traditional folders and fixed blades) they’d also probably say to pull up a chair and set a spell.
That's fitting, like back in the day on the porch, whittling, sharpening, and shooting the breeze. Thanks.

Though my modest little stash of TC's prevent me from complaining, I am quite bummed out to have not sniffed out a reserve for one of the new Ancients. My ebony Ancient is the one knife I would keep above all others, it has been my favorite of any knife I've come across so I do hope to hunt one down from the new run. In risk of sounding greedy, I hope to come into the bone covered versions from the previous run as well, but until then I will have to make do with my lucky finds so far in my top drawer.

hkJ72iu.jpg

Though my modest little stash of TC's prevent me from complaining, I am quite bummed out to have not sniffed out a reserve for one of the new Ancients. My ebony Ancient is the one knife I would keep above all others, it has been my favorite of any knife I've come across so I do hope to hunt one down from the new run. In risk of sounding greedy, I hope to come into the bone covered versions from the previous run as well, but until then I will have to make do with my lucky finds so far in my top drawer.

hkJ72iu.jpg
Have you contacted all the dealers? This is a large run, I would be surprised if they are all spoken for

Back