What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

added a few to the gang, and a user to boot

ZvXaQff.jpg

Which one is the user?

added a few to the gang, and a user to boot

ZvXaQff.jpg
Jack, it's sad to say but I believe you have suffocated that beauty to the far left. As a favor I will give it a proper burial (in my left front pocket) to minimize the overwhelming loss and extreme grief you must be experiencing at this time, all because I love ya buddy;):p Just know I'm here for you:thumbsup:

My bolsters are so scary, I have to keep it in its tube. ;)
Here's an idea for the next Ancient Charlie, rough assembled, handles not fit, blade rough grind,betcha it will sell:D

View attachment 939666
I agree! Fitted handles are over-rated!

View attachment 939688
This ugly old thing arrived today, along with some light reading. ;)
View attachment 939689
View attachment 939690

Cobby, cobby-er, cobby-est!!:eek:

Makes me want to tie one to the rear bumper. and drag it around for a while!!:rolleyes:
A little forced patina:cool:
:D

This knife has been stuck in my head since you posted it. It's even on my desktop wallpaper now. It's just plain awesome!

Thank you John, I thought the same thing when I first saw it and is one of my favorite Barlow's. It is a Gardner, they were in business for about 10 years starting in 1876. Here is a pic with a finished Gardner that Charlie generously gave me at last years Rendezvous,makes great comparison shot.

IMG_7201.jpg

Thank you John, I thought the same thing when I first saw it and is one of my favorite Barlow's. It is a Gardner, they were in business for about 10 years starting in 1876. Here is a pic with a finished Gardner that Charlie generously gave me at last years Rendezvous,makes great comparison shot.

View attachment 941804
Thanks for the information. That's a great pair of knives right there. The longer I hang out here, the more I'm coming to appreciate the old stuff.

Right! I remember now (I think)!! They ran out of handles for the others, so filled in with some Ebony I had left over!

Another upside-down airplane stamp!!:rolleyes:

Back