What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

When the Barlow travels in Sardinia :):thumbsup:

43409302481_14ea2174c0_c.jpg

Â

Hope you are having a good time there, Achille!!:thumbsup:
:)

Makes me wonder what Sardinians think of that knife!?!?:rolleyes: They have such a strong tradition of Pattadas; and others . . . . . . . .:cool:

Hello Charlie,
Of course you can imagine they find your knife a bit small :D
When I ask them a 8,5cm blade they ask me if I have a new baby at home o_O

But all of them have noticed the quality and the high level of finish .
The very good sleep joint mecanism also interested because some of them understand that they have to
enter the international market .

Last point , the Sardinians have a very strong respect for all the traditional approaches .
I'm pretty sure they would have fallen in love for a giant barlow :D:D

Â

PS : About the "good time" , a part the very strong diet I will have to do when I will be back , everything is perfect :)

Last edited:
A "Daddy" Barlow (or English Jack) has been on my wish list for many years. Who knows when Bill (GEC) will finally agree to make one!?!?:rolleyes:
Certainly Roberto Serra makes a decent slipjoint mechanism. He is ready for the international market - he has one foot in the door!!:thumbsup:
Has he made a Barlow yet??
:D

After waiting 2 1/2 weeks, it arrived today! Muscadine Ancient
The hammer marks left on the pins are cool and of course the aged or rather left alone heat treat spidering on the bolsters is perfect!

Attachments

• FA0F7427-9CCD-4B91-9903-C47A20CA2F29.jpeg
    FA0F7427-9CCD-4B91-9903-C47A20CA2F29.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I've seen many a people underestimate those puddles. Some are three feet deep:eek:

Tell me about it,I hit one coming in that was up to the hood, luckily no damage. Found another way back to the beach that involves less water.

Back