What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Wow!
Those Utica Barlows are something else Charlie- I suspect that a few may have one or two of these - and I'm thinking just a few, and not realize the dna they have.

I am restoring my "HJ Thread" or taking lots of photos and taking in much more information from looking through them again and collecting notes to then go in and start upgrading and refreshing - Anyways......:oops: every time I look at these knives, I'm finding something new- its amazingly intriguing, so that is what me made the above comment

Last edited:
Two great Barlows Harry my friend! lol I wondered how long it would be for you to see that :thumbsup:

Did I hear somebody say Green Bone?

UTl3FQI.jpg

76F4Vnt.jpg

XrZ5f9a.jpg

I'm enjoying your pics fellas, some fantastic looking bone and knives. I don't have any old Barlows of my own, (yet),
so it's nice to have a place to view some of the best looking knives of the past.

Wow the green bones are fantastic! Augie Augie - John I haven't seen the "B" bolster stamp. Who made it?

stefand stefand , those two barlows are so beautiful. Outstanding. Thanks for showing them.

Wow the green bones are fantastic! Augie Augie - John I haven't seen the "B" bolster stamp. Who made it?

stefand stefand , those two barlows are so beautiful. Outstanding. Thanks for showing them.

Thanks Dwight, the B Barlow was made by American, Winstead Connecticut. Don't recall ever seeing another in this standard size, have seen a couple grand daddies with this bolster stamp.

There have been some truly gorgeous old barlows displayed here recently. I think a TC clip with green bone covers would be pretty well received. I don’t own any really old barlows. But I do have this one that’s been well used. Best to all. MJ.

F1C03F33-6C8E-498E-98F5-218D318DF45C.jpeg

Back