What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

@MJ71 you did a great job capturing that beauty, and thank you so much for the coins! One over 100 years old!! My wife is over the moon!!! (and I think they are pretty cool too!)

Ebony TC14 is my daily squeeze. Pinchable, makes all the right noises, thin blade takes a killer edge.

GEC14ebonyTCandcoins-1.jpg

Picked up this early Keen Kutter, hammered pins, great saw cut bone, it's a slightly smaller Barlow like an old English one and has a similar blade profile to the English Below or the original Russell's. Pretty close to the same profile used on the last run of Ancient TC's.

IMG_0106.jpg IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0113.jpg

Picked up this early Keen Kutter, hammered pins, great saw cut bone, it's a slightly smaller Barlow like an old English one and has a similar blade profile to the English Below or the original Russell's. Pretty close to the same profile used on the last run of Ancient TC's.

View attachment 1111059 View attachment 1111060 View attachment 1111061

Seen this post and it reminded me of something I found over the weekend
U7QRUEK.jpg

The young lady that has the little antique shop that I found this in had no idea it was a knife display case. When I told her and about how neat it was to a knife collector, she told me she had a whole little box full of old knives! Well my excitement grew but she couldn't find it, but said she may have took it home or one of the other girls moved it. I said I'll be back the following Saturday lol. But she said she wasn't going to be there and she wanted to show me in person the following Saturday after next Saturday lol 2 weeks to wait to see what treasure may await! Wonder how rare that case is!??

Seen this post and it reminded me of something I found over the weekend
U7QRUEK.jpg

The young lady that has the little antique shop that I found this in had no idea it was a knife display case. When I told her and about how neat it was to a knife collector, she told me she had a whole little box full of old knives! Well my excitement grew but she couldn't find it, but said she may have took it home or one of the other girls moved it. I said I'll be back the following Saturday lol. But she said she wasn't going to be there and she wanted to show me in person the following Saturday after next Saturday lol 2 weeks to wait to see what treasure may await! Wonder how rare that case is!??

Looks like a large store display case, I would say pretty rare. Would love to have something like that.

Augie Augie
I wasn't sure how she felt about taking pics, I snagged that one while she was looking for the missing box of knives. It is pretty big, first thing I said when I walked in " Boy I wish that case was still full of what its made to display!" That's when she asked what that was, so I explained that was a knife brand. She seem fascinated about it.

Back