What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

YgHRVOq.jpg

Z624Y62.jpg

F2Gzvm7.jpg

I took a family portrait or three after I added a new one (far left).
- Stuart

Thanks, guys. Here's a sneaky one that I found at the bar, shirking his family portrait duties.

Wbmf42e.jpg

- Stuart
F1QE9nV.jpg

lGcaAqY.jpg

Stuart I found his brother in a case of old Cases. Well this little fella caught my eye,so I just HAD to pay the adoption fees and carry him home:thumbsup:
Imagine my surprise to be thrilled with this mint,with factory edges one armed barlow. Then to log in to share it here to see you posted one like it before me.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
F1QE9nV.jpg

lGcaAqY.jpg

Stuart I found his brother in a case of old Cases. Well this little fella caught my eye,so I just HAD to pay the adoption fees and carry him home:thumbsup:
Imagine my surprise to be thrilled with this mint,with factory edges one armed barlow. Then to log in to share it here to see you posted one like it before me.:thumbsup:

That one is absolutely fabulous, David!! As you said, excellent condition and deep color. Makes mine look like the proverbial red-bone stepchild. I'm so glad that you saved that one from an uncertain future AND that you shared it. Kudos, pal.
- Stuart

Those Barlows were made in the Glory Days of Queen!!!
Hidden "sunk" tangs and wonderful coloring of the bone are just some of the great features of those knives!!

Thanks, Charlie.They do have those favorable feature, yet are still humble and honest knives. Form and function, together at the simplest level. (Though you have concocted some that elevate the genus greatly.)
- Stuart

Back