What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Well, it has been a hunt but circumstances and availability (thank you again, Duncan!) finally coalesced into an ideal opportunity and I was able to score a knife that I have been enamored by for quite a long time. One of Charlie's finest TCs, in my humble opinion.

UQKxkry.jpg

Dylan, congrats, very glad to see Duncan’s red soupbone TC ended up with somebody who really was on the hunt for one of these beauties...was a crazy sale!

Thanks for the comments, porchistas!!:cool:
I am always trying to come up with something desirable and interesting, but since I am a small guy on the GEC contractors list, I only have a limited number of chances!!:rolleyes: But we all soldier on!!

im most likely bringing sterling silver slabs to the next rendezvous, having seen Bill's availability of TC barlow parts, I wonder if he will finally do it!

Nice one, Dylan!! Bill did a great job dyeing those anniversary models!!:cool:

Dylan, congrats, very glad to see Duncan’s red soupbone TC ended up with somebody who really was on the hunt for one of these beauties...was a crazy sale!

Thank you so much, fellas. And my apologies for the late acknowledgement, I completely forgot to respond.

Thought I would toss a holiday(ish) pic in the mix, 'Tis a fine knife for any season, but especially this season.

79SWqVM.jpg

I see the guys over at DLT have a nice Boker with N390. I like the traditional look of the wood scales but a with modern steel. Best of both worlds.

I think I can mention DLT here?? If not forgive me.

,,,Mike in Canada

I see the guys over at DLT have a nice Boker with N390. I like the traditional look of the wood scales but a with modern steel. Best of both worlds.

I think I can mention DLT here?? If not forgive me.

,,,Mike in Canada
I saw that and was a little confused. The picture is of a barehead jack, not a Barlow, and the description says:

"The Boker Barlow Prime is a new interpretation with shorter bolsters and a blade of nitrogen-alloyed N690. It has a modern elongated ricasso and a slipjoint made more secure with a 90-degree lock-in when opening or closing. The bolsters and tang are made from stainless steel, while the handle scales consist of stabilized wood of the domestic hornbeam."

A Barlow with a shortened (regular sized) bolster is a barehead jack. o_O Also, I guess it has a half stop.

Back