1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Krelldoggy, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Honestly, most of us would be fine with two knives: a SAK and a Buck 110. The unspoken-but-actually-often-spoken truth around here is that we are all just fans of cool sharp things despite how much we tout the benefits of X brand or Y steel or Z locking mechanism... I carried nothing but a small slipjoint for the better part of a month and ran into absolutely nothing it couldn't handle. That's not going to be true for everyone, of course, but I feel like I run into the normal share of EDC tasks.

2. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    When people try to type like a redneck.."You ort not say such things, cuz iffin' I recon that knife is pert near razor sharp! Dag gum!"
    Drives me nuts.

3. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Wall I figer thats jus wrong ten ways ta sundae.

4. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I jes dernt see why ya gotta be toutin' all that high-falutin' northerner-talk.

5. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    ^^^yall suck.

:D

6. The_Iron_Joe

The_Iron_Joe Knifemaker, Jeweller Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Who carries a neck knife ?
    I don't like crap hanging around my neck !
    A folder has more blade for its size than a small fixed blade !

It always makes me laugh , read the op's question and if the answer is no then just don't reply.

8. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    People who seem to believe that they are the final arbiters of matters of opinion.

9. Seminole31

Seminole31

Oct 26, 2015
    Hey now I resemble that remark! Them thars fightin words! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. SaintZe

SaintZe

Dec 20, 2013
    Agreed with you on the SAK, but not the 110. It's big, it's heavy, the blade stock is thicker than any Spyderco I own. Just about any task that requires more than a SAK would probably be better served with a Mora or a machete over a 110.

11. walkingeagle74

walkingeagle74

Jan 1, 2016
    I'm guilty, I can sharpen but it's crude. I'm trying to find someone to teach me

12. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Get a sharpmaker. Works real good like.

13. walkingeagle74

walkingeagle74

Jan 1, 2016

I meant really sharpen, with a set of stones. I have a lansky kit at home I use.

14. Spartan00

Spartan00

Feb 4, 2016
    X2 . I don't try to type any way . I speak in my mind and let it flow through the fingers, if the fingers are like hotdogs with a typo every other word.

15. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I used a Schrade 250T for years as my field knife (hunting, work, general carry in the country) and it's essentially a two blade 110 clone. Still like the knife and I bought a new one last year at a show. Worked just fine. I didn't break it even using a rock on the spine to break/cut through a few pelvic bones on deer. To read today, they are touted as being so weak. Never really heard of batoning a blade back then or that it was particularly a big deal. You just did what you felt was necessary. If ya broke it, ya buy another. Part of the reason why I like the two blade version. A slip joint is all you need, but we all have our preferences.

16. K-Lastima

K-Lastima

Jul 2, 2009
    LOL
    Now I have to go find the caricature thread.

17. Spartan00

Spartan00

Feb 4, 2016
    To piggy back off an above posts.

Click on thread titled for example "what's your favorite cold steel knife?"

Taking the time to type out how much you think cold steel knives are crappy junks vs. Knowing good and we'll you have no favorite cold steel knife so why not just not click on the thread?

18. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    It's not a problem if you do what Hoyt buck intended and use the nice piece of leather that comes with it, and it has a nice thin hollow grind.
    It may not be as thin as it could be but I think it's definitely better than you'd think.
    It's also less bulky than almost all spyderco's. If it's heavy for you that's fine, but you can't compare it to a thin synthetic handled knife that was meant to go in a pocket.

19. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok

Jun 6, 2016
    I kind of realized that carrying 3.5" bladed knife is a dumb idea after i cut myself yesterday. Going to edc my victorinox driver. Awesome small knife

20. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Why post in a thread asking for whatever when you disagree with the rationale completely? Because you want to provide your opinion. A thread may be started by the originator but they have a life of their own with twists and turns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.