What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medford knives make me lol hard. Nobody really needs a knife thick enough to be a prybar.

For most edc tasks, 90% of people only need a large SAK blade. My SAK Pioneer cuts better than my $500 Sebenza for most things I do in a day simply because of its thinness.

Honestly, most of us would be fine with two knives: a SAK and a Buck 110. The unspoken-but-actually-often-spoken truth around here is that we are all just fans of cool sharp things despite how much we tout the benefits of X brand or Y steel or Z locking mechanism... I carried nothing but a small slipjoint for the better part of a month and ran into absolutely nothing it couldn't handle. That's not going to be true for everyone, of course, but I feel like I run into the normal share of EDC tasks.

When people try to type like a redneck.."You ort not say such things, cuz iffin' I recon that knife is pert near razor sharp! Dag gum!"
Drives me nuts.

I jes dernt see why ya gotta be toutin' all that high-falutin' northerner-talk.

Yeah, a wider blade is better cuz it's stronger in cross section? Always? Why don't you use your thumb instead of your pinky to dig out a really well stuck piece of dried up snot in your nose. The thumb is stronger but it won't fit in there to get that booger that's high and tight. ;)
tumblr_inline_nwbqgj7f6z1rca9rw_400.png

Who carries a neck knife ?
I don't like crap hanging around my neck !
A folder has more blade for its size than a small fixed blade !

It always makes me laugh , read the op's question and if the answer is no then just don't reply.

When people try to type like a redneck.."You ort not say such things, cuz iffin' I recon that knife is pert near razor sharp! Dag gum!"
Drives me nuts.

Hey now I resemble that remark! Them thars fightin words! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, most of us would be fine with two knives: a SAK and a Buck 110. The unspoken-but-actually-often-spoken truth around here is that we are all just fans of cool sharp things despite how much we tout the benefits of X brand or Y steel or Z locking mechanism... I carried nothing but a small slipjoint for the better part of a month and ran into absolutely nothing it couldn't handle. That's not going to be true for everyone, of course, but I feel like I run into the normal share of EDC tasks.

Agreed with you on the SAK, but not the 110. It's big, it's heavy, the blade stock is thicker than any Spyderco I own. Just about any task that requires more than a SAK would probably be better served with a Mora or a machete over a 110.

I used a Schrade 250T for years as my field knife (hunting, work, general carry in the country) and it's essentially a two blade 110 clone. Still like the knife and I bought a new one last year at a show. Worked just fine. I didn't break it even using a rock on the spine to break/cut through a few pelvic bones on deer. To read today, they are touted as being so weak. Never really heard of batoning a blade back then or that it was particularly a big deal. You just did what you felt was necessary. If ya broke it, ya buy another. Part of the reason why I like the two blade version. A slip joint is all you need, but we all have our preferences.

To piggy back off an above posts.

Click on thread titled for example "what's your favorite cold steel knife?"

Taking the time to type out how much you think cold steel knives are crappy junks vs. Knowing good and we'll you have no favorite cold steel knife so why not just not click on the thread?

Agreed with you on the SAK, but not the 110. It's big, it's heavy, the blade stock is thicker than any Spyderco I own. Just about any task that requires more than a SAK would probably be better served with a Mora or a machete over a 110.

It's not a problem if you do what Hoyt buck intended and use the nice piece of leather that comes with it, and it has a nice thin hollow grind.
It may not be as thin as it could be but I think it's definitely better than you'd think.
It's also less bulky than almost all spyderco's. If it's heavy for you that's fine, but you can't compare it to a thin synthetic handled knife that was meant to go in a pocket.

I used a Schrade 250T for years as my field knife (hunting, work, general carry in the country) and it's essentially a two blade 110 clone. Still like the knife and I bought a new one last year at a show. Worked just fine. I didn't break it even using a rock on the spine to break/cut through a few pelvic bones on deer. To read today, they are touted as being so weak. Never really heard of batoning a blade back then or that it was particularly a big deal. You just did what you felt was necessary. If ya broke it, ya buy another. Part of the reason why I like the two blade version. A slip joint is all you need, but we all have our preferences.

I kind of realized that carrying 3.5" bladed knife is a dumb idea after i cut myself yesterday. Going to edc my victorinox driver. Awesome small knife

Why post in a thread asking for whatever when you disagree with the rationale completely? Because you want to provide your opinion. A thread may be started by the originator but they have a life of their own with twists and turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back