What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why post in a thread asking for whatever when you disagree with the rationale completely? Because you want to provide your opinion. A thread may be started by the originator but they have a life of their own with twists and turns.

I just think that the op usually knows why people might not ####, and starts the thread to talk to people who do ####.
The question is simply if , not yes- no ?

The inability of makers (and their fanbois) to take criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When people try to type like a redneck.."You ort not say such things, cuz iffin' I recon that knife is pert near razor sharp! Dag gum!"
Drives me nuts.

Brudder use a bests watch yur moth or I'm gon gots ta warsh mer haynds when's I'm a dun wiyou doncha speaks bot I lek that's.

Back on topic.
When someone requests a heavy duty folder like a cold steel and wants to know which one is best and is recommended a sak

The loose interpretation of the word custom

When they call you brother and they just sold you a lotto knife and made money off you

Sharpened pry bars

Last edited:
People who use the term Tacticool.
"My knife is so tacticool I could piss my pants."

People who use the term Tactical to describe everything.
"My knife has tactical knurling, a tactical whistle and a tactical compas. What yours got?"

I'm looking for a knife with the following specs. Any suggestions?
Overall Length:8.28"
Blade Length:3.44"
Cutting Edge:3.00"
Blade Thickness:0.14"
Blade Material:CPM-S30V
Blade Style:Clip Point
Blade Grind:Flat
Finish:Black
Edge Type:plain
Handle Length:4.81"
Handle Thickness:0.46"
Handle Material:G-10
Color:Green Camo
Frame/Liner:Stainless Steel
Weight:3.75 oz.
User:Right Hand, Left Hand
Pocket Clip:Tip-Up, Tip-Down
Knife Type:Manual
Opener:Thumb Hole
Lock Type:Compresson

A SAK and a Mora. No question.

"If you buy that knife you will realize that here is no other brand beyond brand X"

When threads get so off track that we start making comparisons between blade width usefulness and, of all things, fingers and their usefulness at digging around in one's nose, as if they were at all similar. And worse still, those who would actually agree that such a comparison is well stated and logical. Sheesh. By such "logic," a folder is in all ways superior to a fixed blade simply because it has a joint, like the thumb, that most noble of personal digits.

Edit: Referring here to the opposable nature of the awesome thumb, as all digits have joints, my bad.

Last edited:
Posting a thread expecting only fan boys to provide their opinion.

That's why you should always post in "x maker's" subthread. So even if there is dissent, it will be swiftly destroyed by the followers. ;)

I include me here too as I am a "fan" of a couple of brands. Though I won't defend them no matter what,, so maybe I'm not a fan after all? I don't know the criteria. ;)

Most of us have our preferred brands that we handle, buy and use often give the company (production knives) a bit of slack in the QA/QC area. I know that is the case with me. Preferred is okay. One should try to be objective. OBJECTIVITY.... there's another chuckle point in the knife arena. The recent thread where Sal Glesser (Spyderco) posted about "value" is an example. He can provide his facts or at least the one's he's willing to record in a thread, but ultimately he can't be totally objective because he owns a knife company. That is fine with me and it was great that he contributed in that thread at all. By the way, I learned a lot from his posts. This is not a criticism of Sal at all. I want to be VERY clear on this point which is why I edited this post. They make good stuff.

Last edited:
- People that have thousands of dollars worth of knives but have no idea how to sharpen a knife.
- People that spend thousands of dollars on knives that never cut anything but paper.
- People that say a knife company is crap because they got one bad apple.
- Greg Medford........that guy. If only i could press delete on a human. He's up there with that guy on youtube with the channel called "guns knives and watches"

Greg employs primarily veterans which allows them to earn a living. So what if he's rough around the edges? He's doing good work. Even if you don't like his product or him personally, you've got to like his mission, right?

I think it's funny when the old timer thinks the SAK is "all you need". Isn't that the same thought process liberals have when they say "you don't need assault rifles"? Who are you to tell anyone else what they need. If I want a SAK I'll have one, if I want a Heeter MOW I'll have that too. This is a knife community, embrace what you don't like.

I don't want a buck 110, I want a DSK kickstand. So what if I can't delicately slice a tomato, I'll just smash the ******* thing into tomato paste, thrown it in the garbage and eat a steak.

There will always be people with money that want pretty things. Let them buy their American mad badass huge folding knives. If it employs Americans, keep doing it.

Hate Medford, or Reeve, or Strider, or Hinderer, or John Willis from SOE, but you can't hate their mission. Make a product, employ Americans.

oh and I want to try to keep it at under $50..... :)

Greg employs primarily veterans which allows them to earn a living. So what if he's rough around the edges? He's doing good work. Even if you don't like his product or him personally, you've got to like his mission, right?

I think it's funny when the old timer thinks the SAK is "all you need". Isn't that the same thought process liberals have when they say "you don't need assault rifles"? Who are you to tell anyone else what they need. If I want a SAK I'll have one, if I want a Heeter MOW I'll have that too. This is a knife community, embrace what you don't like.

I don't want a buck 110, I want a DSK kickstand. So what if I can't delicately slice a tomato, I'll just smash the ******* thing into tomato paste, thrown it in the garbage and eat a steak.

There will always be people with money that want pretty things. Let them buy their American mad badass huge folding knives. If it employs Americans, keep doing it.

Hate Medford, or Reeve, or Strider, or Hinderer, or John Willis from SOE, but you can't hate their mission. Make a product, employ Americans.

Posts like this make me laugh. You're entitled to your opinion as I am.

Last edited:

Not too be picky.

"I have 20 bucks to spend on a knife might do 25 if its a good deal. I'll keep the requirements simple.
Must have 154cm steel
Liners need to be made of s30v
Titanium handles
Liner lock
Must be on ball bearings.
No spring assist unless the spring is good.
Must be able to chop cinder blocks but also shave with.
Under 1 oz please 1.5 oz is too heavy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back