What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who actually give a crap about what other people do with their knives. Who cares if people have knives only to collect or use or use in stupidity. It's their knife...

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acting like the head of XXX knife company is your best friend and you find it your duty as a gentleman to defend his name , even though in reality XXX wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire .

"Xxx only hires veterans" only hiring veterans is not an excuse to be rude to people . I am speaking in general here so if it sounds like someone you know it's coincidence.

Seriously knife folks are loyal , you talk about their brand they want to hunt you down and kill you over a knife and someone that owns that company they've never even met .

Also those people that refuse to listen to anybody else's opinions. They are right they know they are right and your an idiot for even questioning their rightness.

Also the tough guys on here . Most of us are grown on here , we can not agree on something and not become mortal enemies because you said my knife is ugly . It's the Internet you can be whatever you want to be but scary and intimidating not so much.

Emerson fanboys who think they're tough for using a hard use $200+ liner lock knife, and if you don't think Emersons are tough as nails, they'll hunt you down.

People who are against "offshore produced" yet talk about European made knives as if they were domestic and high quality. I've come to realize for many people offshore produced simply means "Asian-made".

Knife designers who think they're hot s**t for designing some generic looking knife that I'm sure many of us have randomly drawn on paper before. There are only so many style of knives, yet people look up to knife "designers" as some deity. My brother who isn't even into knives has designed great looking functional knives before on 3D programs. I guess he could just put it into CAD and make "customs".

The Oldtimer crowd who think if you buy anything other than a slip-joint with stag handles, you're a mall ninja.

The "learn to use a knife" crowd who frown upon hard use, prying, etc. There may be emergency situations where you need to use your knife in such manner as its the only tool on your person. Not everybody lives in the Midwest/farms and can have a tool box on their belt.

The same overused terms every knife reviewer must have in their videos: real estate on the handle, deploy my knife, nice, tough, lock up like a bank vault, jimping jimping jimping, scary sharp

I'm looking for a knife with the following specs. Any suggestions?
Overall Length:8.28"
Blade Length:3.44"
Cutting Edge:3.00"
Blade Thickness:0.14"
Blade Material:CPM-S30V
Blade Style:Clip Point
Blade Grind:Flat
Finish:Black
Edge Type:plain
Handle Length:4.81"
Handle Thickness:0.46"
Handle Material:G-10
Color:Green Camo
Frame/Liner:Stainless Steel
Weight:3.75 oz.
User:Right Hand, Left Hand
Pocket Clip:Tip-Up, Tip-Down
Knife Type:Manual
Opener:Thumb Hole
Lock Type:Compresson

Get a saw.

People who seem to believe that they are the final arbiters of matters of opinion.

But I am the Final Arbiter of Matters of Opinion!

I have my FAMO card around here somewhere. I took a course, it took two days. That card is good in every jurisdiction.

People who have to show off their knife with a microtech...ect bandana under their knives and make sure their brand new iPhone gets mentioned, because they want people to know that they have a lot of money.

Or when a Pakistani knife is listed as a handmade custom knife.

Let's get back on track - the FUNNY part.

I laugh when I think about trying to explain to a city cop exactly why I have a bag full of 9"+ knives in my car.

People who have to show off their knife with a microtech...ect bandana under their knives and make sure their brand new iPhone gets mentioned, because they want people to know that they have a lot of money.

Or when a Pakistani knife is listed as a handmade custom knife.

Not sure if it's what you're referring to, but I believe Tapatalk updated recently and unless you change your settings, the software lists the phone you're using.

It's not a problem if you do what Hoyt buck intended and use the nice piece of leather that comes with it, and it has a nice thin hollow grind.
It may not be as thin as it could be but I think it's definitely better than you'd think.
It's also less bulky than almost all spyderco's. If it's heavy for you that's fine

I own a 110. The grind is good. It cuts well. I'm not complaining- it's a classic knife. Thing is, it's a classic knife in a world where generations worth of knives have been designed, iterated, produced, discontinued, re-released, etc. By both weight and width it eclipses every Spyderco I own, most of which share similar dimensions. A Delica or Mantra provides a similar amount of blade- and at less than half the weight. That doesn't make either an objectively superior choice, but it is fact.

but you can't compare it to a thin synthetic handled knife that was meant to go in a pocket.

Back on the thread at hand, this kind of statement. Not in any way mocking you Hickory, but yes, yes I can. In fact, that's kind of the point of a hobby. Strip away opinions, history and tradition, and you'd be able to compare any two locking folders in a heartbeat. Those three factors are what make our collections and beliefs(!) those of hobbyists, and they're what give us these great topics of conversation (and a million and one bitter flamewars).

Not sure if it's what you're referring to, but I believe Tapatalk updated recently and unless you change your settings, the software lists the phone you're using.

I was talking about YouTube videos, as I've seen a few where they seem to sneak their iPhone into the shot just so people know they have it. And they'll show off a lot of different knives of many brands and prices over a bandana that came with a 400$ knife.
It's probably the same people who buy expensive knives as jewelry and status symbols.

I actually haven't figured out how to use taptalk on a forum yet.
( when I first signed up for it, I took a survey and they sent me a nice t-shirt son sticker and a nice handwritten card to thank me )

People who absolutely believe the main attribute of a knife that opens with a flipper it should be perfect and sustain their OCD habit of flipping the knife incessantly while watching the History Channel "Alone". I guess blade geometry and ability to cut is somewhere down the pecking order. A knife to some has become an object of entertainment rather than a tool to cut, don' t misconstrue what I am saying, I do not disregard the opening and closing ability of a flipper knife, yes it should have a strong detent, sound locking mechanism and be centered. however the main purpose should not be trumped for entertainment value.

The number of people who love knives but can't sharpen them.

People who, never owned/handled the knife in question, yet heap praise/disdain on said knife.

All because they read about it on the internet.

Sellers who state: "If you want insurance, you pay for it."

PayPal gift

The die hard/obsessive knife maker/brand groupies who can't stop praising a particular knife maker/brand and thanking them for their work no matter how rude they are and/or shitty their customer service really is. Same groupies will also definitely have 2 or 3 of every knife model produced by said knife maker/brand and use exactly ZERO of them.

I laugh sometimes about how far apart some of us are. We all love knives but the reasons separate us to the point of argument. Im a knife user and slight abuser, i find it funny when someone who clearly is more of a "paper cutter" argues how certain knives can do certain things.

Any question along these lines:

1) "I need the perfect knife in all categories for less than $20. What should I buy?" SMF
2) "Which tactical/fighting knife should I buy?" Like they're going to be taking out a sentry next week.
3) "Which folder would you want with you if you were stuck on a deserted island?"
4) "Why would anyone spend more than $xx on a knife?"
5) Any question regarding a "grail" knife. Like there is such a thing.
6) Statement: "I just bought the last knife I'll ever need." Admittedly, we don't see this one much.

People who think that they are the knife use police...

The persistent notion that you need to chop and baton with 9 inch blade that's at least 1/4 inch thick to survive a backpacking trip.

^ I've really enjoyed this first page, & agree with most of the commenter's here. There are some very funny (peculiar) people on this forum...

People who own unironically the cold steel XL Espada

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

...And speaking of funny (I know it's not nice to make fun of other people's looks), but in my defense, this person posted his own picture on this forum. :D Thanks to BenchCoSpyderco's smackdown thread, we all got a great laugh! :D

^ Seeing this picture, is without a doubt, thee funniest thing that I've seen during my 3 year tenure here BladeFourms! :D

It's actually quite funny: thee biggest know it all troll on this forum, look's exactly like the stereotypical basement troll that you'd expect him to look like; the type of troll people post pictures of on the internet...but in this case, he's real!!! :D

Please refer to post #5:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...nd-carry-it-every-day?p=16132928#post16132928

And the funniest part of all: he was most likely so fixated on the subject (the CRK Sebenza), that when he posted this picture, he most likely missed his ugly reflection below... That's "Beauty & the Beast," priceless right there! :D

OR...he's thee quintessential narcissist, & he was aware of his reflection. :confused:

Either way, he look's exactly like I knew he looked, & my own self concept has improved x 1,000,000

When this picture was posted in another sub-forum, the second funniest thing that I've seen here on BF's, was a post/quote on my activity stream by a fellow BF member & friend, Phillll:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

To the member's of BF, who've made me cry hysterically: thank you from the bottom of my heart! :thumbup:

Edit: Before a certain sub-forum starts reacting angrily to my post, I'd like to say one more thing: I can't help the fact, that God blessed me with my ruggedly handsome good looks...I'm grateful. I was also fortunate to have wonderful, loving, attractive parents, who taught me good manner's & right from wrong! :thumbup:

Attachments

• ybNnTLvh.jpg
    ybNnTLvh.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Emerson fanboys who think they're tough for using a hard use $200+ liner lock knife, and if you don't think Emersons are tough as nails, they'll hunt you down.

But but but I'm sure they are tough as nails. My 440 stainless blade will chop a nail with one hit on back by hammer with no chips. That's how tough nails are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...And speaking of funny (I know it's not nice to make fun of other people's looks), but in my defense, this person posted his own picture on this forum. :D Thanks to BenchCoSpyderco's smackdown thread, we all got a great laugh! :D

^ Seeing this picture, is without a doubt, thee funniest thing that I've seen during my 3 year tenure here BladeFourms! :D

It's actually quite funny: thee biggest know it all troll on this forum, look's exactly like the stereotypical basement troll that you'd expect him to look like; the type of troll people post pictures of on the internet...but in this case, he's real!!! :D

Please refer to post #5:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...nd-carry-it-every-day?p=16132928#post16132928

And the funniest part of all: he was most likely so fixated on the subject (the CRK Sebenza), that when he posted this picture, he most likely missed his ugly reflection below... That's "Beauty & the Beast," priceless right there! :D

OR...he's thee quintessential narcissist, & he was aware of his reflection. :confused:

Either way, he look's exactly like I knew he looked, & my own self concept has improved x 1,000,000

When this picture was posted in another sub-forum, the second funniest thing that I've seen here on BF's, was a post/quote on my activity stream by a fellow BF member & friend, Phillll:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

To the member's of BF, who've made me cry hysterically: thank you from the bottom of my heart! :thumbup:

Omg !

I thought the topic was about the community generally speaking, not one member specifically.

Way to keep it classy, Kelama. :thumbup:

I think it's funny when some members keep feelings of animosity toward others bottled up.

Please refer to post #5:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

Llama,

Do you ever actually discuss knives, or has your 3 years venture here been an obsession over other members?

I don't follow your posts, but the only thing I ever see you post is criticism towards other members, pointless things like "^^^me too!!!:thumbup:", and instigating situations.

Way to contribute here, Llama...:thumbup:

that guy Hodoor from Game of Thrones used 2 make me laugh.... then I found out y he only says "hodoor" so now I'm sad.... :uncomfortableness:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back