What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...And speaking of funny (I know it's not nice to make fun of other people's looks), but in my defense, this person posted his own picture on this forum. :D Thanks to BenchCoSpyderco's smackdown thread, we all got a great laugh! :D

^ Seeing this picture, is without a doubt, thee funniest thing that I've seen during my 3 year tenure here BladeFourms! :D

It's actually quite funny: thee biggest know it all troll on this forum, look's exactly like the stereotypical basement troll that you'd expect him to look like; the type of troll people post pictures of on the internet...but in this case, he's real!!! :D

And the funniest part of all: he was most likely so fixated on the subject (the CRK Sebenza), that when he posted this picture, he most likely missed his ugly reflection below... That's "Beauty & the Beast," priceless right there! :D

OR...he's thee quintessential narcissist, & he was aware of his reflection. :confused:

Either way, he look's exactly like I knew he looked, & my own self concept has improved x 1,000,000

When this picture was posted in another sub-forum, the second funniest thing that I've seen here on BF's, was a post/quote on my activity stream by a fellow BF member & friend, Phillll:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

To the member's of BF, who've made me cry hysterically: thank you from the bottom of my heart! :thumbup:

Edit: Before a certain sub-forum starts reacting angrily to my post, I'd like to say one more thing: I can't help the fact, that God blessed me with my ruggedly handsome good looks...I'm grateful. I was also fortunate to have wonderful, loving, attractive parents, who taught me good manner's & right from wrong! :thumbup:

Seriously, are you still in high school or what?

If you've been following the sad saga of Kelama's tenure here, you'll understand why many of us are looking forward to a Christmas in July.

If you've been following the sad saga of Kelama's tenure here, you'll understand why many of us are looking forward to a Christmas in July.

No desire. Juvenile behavior at best, mean spirited and extremely ugly behavior at worst.

So I read this whole thread, and I still don't know if I should get a Spyderco or not.

1. When I see a $175 skull bead on a $30 knife.
2. When people keep referring to Nutnfancies self imposed 4 oz limit on a knife. I want a ___ but it weighs 4.8 oz. I guess I won't be able to lift my leg and walk with that in the pocket.
3. When Smith and Wesson (and other manufacturers) keep printing "tactical, operator, special forces, etc" on their blades.

When people only read the title and not the op, don't they realize that you can only fit a few words in the title box and the good stuff must be in the post.
I mean it's hard to get your whole point across in in a few words, and why would you when you still need to actually say something.

"I have 20 bucks to spend on a knife might do 25 if its a good deal. I'll keep the requirements simple.
Must have 154cm steel
Liners need to be made of s30v
Titanium handles
Liner lock
Must be on ball bearings.
No spring assist unless the spring is good.
Must be able to chop cinder blocks but also shave with.
Under 1 oz please 1.5 oz is too heavy"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to find these days, but you're going to need a jarbenza.

Greg employs primarily veterans which allows them to earn a living. So what if he's rough around the edges? He's doing good work. Even if you don't like his product or him personally, you've got to like his mission, right?

I think it's funny when the old timer thinks the SAK is "all you need". Isn't that the same thought process liberals have when they say "you don't need assault rifles"? Who are you to tell anyone else what they need. If I want a SAK I'll have one, if I want a Heeter MOW I'll have that too. This is a knife community, embrace what you don't like.

I don't want a buck 110, I want a DSK kickstand. So what if I can't delicately slice a tomato, I'll just smash the ******* thing into tomato paste, thrown it in the garbage and eat a steak.

There will always be people with money that want pretty things. Let them buy their American mad badass huge folding knives. If it employs Americans, keep doing it.

Hate Medford, or Reeve, or Strider, or Hinderer, or John Willis from SOE, but you can't hate their mission. Make a product, employ Americans.

I'm sure someone else has already pointed this out but it's worth repeating if so: the "SAK is all you need" crowd is not the sort of crowd that would legislate or otherwise force you to only own a SAK because they've decided that's all you need.

I'm not exactly nationalist so I don't share the same "employ Americans" view, but I am glad he Medford employs vets and helps them earn, that's good. Wherever they are from.

I was talking about YouTube videos, as I've seen a few where they seem to sneak their iPhone into the shot just so people know they have it. And they'll show off a lot of different knives of many brands and prices over a bandana that came with a 400$ knife.
It's probably the same people who buy expensive knives as jewelry and status symbols.

I actually haven't figured out how to use taptalk on a forum yet.
( when I first signed up for it, I took a survey and they sent me a nice t-shirt son sticker and a nice handwritten card to thank me )

I know this is slightly OP but talking of iPhones, my s/o just got one issued at work, it's one of the brand new models or somesuch. Problem is, it has no "back" button, as in you quite literally can't go back to whatever previous screen you were at before. You must fully exit and restart the application or something. She thought she must be overlooking it but no, indeed, iPhone forumites confirmed this is so. But they saw it as a blessing, since they "never need to use the back button anyway." :)

But you know, only old timers carry SAKs. Modern knives are for young folks full of vin and vigor and of course have a Heeter MOW what ever that is. Lots of BF folks enjoy firearms, all types. From a practical point of view, a swiss army knife IS all you need for 95% of all normal cutting whether you know it or not unless you're into self defensive use of knives. It may not be all you want. I certainly want a more diverse accumulation, but the SAK is often the heavy lifter for many day in day out.

I thought the purpose of a business was to make money? Guess I was wrong.

Seriously... not only is that guy a very nice and respected member who has often shown awesome blades and given great advice... you can't even see his face in that reflective surface, hardly at all (if that even mattered.)

I have not been following the posting history of this user as some have, nothing against him even if he has a beef with an acquaintance of mine but, sheesh. i guess this applies to the "Internet" community of any forum but our sometimes inability to separate personal from our hobby, makes me laugh. In a sad way.

Seriously... not only is that guy a very nice and respected member who has often shown awesome blades and given great advice... you can't even see his face in that reflective surface, hardly at all (if that even mattered.)

I have not been following the posting history of this user as some have, nothing against him even if he has a beef with an acquaintance of mine but, sheesh. i guess this applies to the "Internet" community of any forum but our sometimes inability to separate personal from our hobby, makes me laugh. In a sad way.

Usually when people attack someone, it is because of their own insecurities.

But you know, only old timers carry SAKs. Modern knives are for young folks full of vin and vigor and of course have a Heeter MOW what ever that is. Lots of BF folks enjoy firearms, all types. From a practical point of view, a swiss army knife IS all you need for 95% of all normal cutting whether you know it or not unless you're into self defensive use of knives. It may not be all you want. I certainly want a more diverse accumulation, but the SAK is often the heavy lifter for many day in day out.

I thought the purpose of a business was to make money? Guess I was wrong.
THat's sort of how I view "SAK is all you need". It's really just a statement of fact, and it isn't wrong. I want more, but saying it is all I need is not exactly wrong, 99% of the time.

I am sort of hoping the MOW stands for Master of War. Please let it be a Heeter Master of War.

It really shouldn't matter what standing the individual that is being attacked has here and I'm not saying that this was your point. I'm just saying that kind of attack regardless of who it is should not be tolerated.

It really shouldn't matter what standing the individual that is being attacked has here and I'm not saying that this was your point. I'm just saying that kind of attack regardless of who it is should not be tolerated.

True, although I sort of misspoke anyway, I have no idea if anyone respects craytab :p I should have said I do--and I'm neutral on Kelama thus far, not that it matters what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back