What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thread a little while ago mentioned something about the "apex". It was a complaint thread. I'm still trying to figure out what the apex of a knife is... point?

So from this thread's point of view, using knife jargon that few know what it means is humorous.

That was my other possible definition. The edge. Why not just call it the cutting or sharpened edge?

...And speaking of funny (I know it's not nice to make fun of other people's looks), but in my defense, this person posted his own picture on this forum. :D Thanks to BenchCoSpyderco's smackdown thread, we all got a great laugh! :D

^ Seeing this picture, is without a doubt, thee funniest thing that I've seen during my 3 year tenure here BladeFourms! :D

It's actually quite funny: thee biggest know it all troll on this forum, look's exactly like the stereotypical basement troll that you'd expect him to look like; the type of troll people post pictures of on the internet...but in this case, he's real!!! :D

Please refer to post #5:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...nd-carry-it-every-day?p=16132928#post16132928

And the funniest part of all: he was most likely so fixated on the subject (the CRK Sebenza), that when he posted this picture, he most likely missed his ugly reflection below... That's "Beauty & the Beast," priceless right there! :D

OR...he's thee quintessential narcissist, & he was aware of his reflection. :confused:

Either way, he look's exactly like I knew he looked, & my own self concept has improved x 1,000,000

When this picture was posted in another sub-forum, the second funniest thing that I've seen here on BF's, was a post/quote on my activity stream by a fellow BF member & friend, Phillll:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

To the member's of BF, who've made me cry hysterically: thank you from the bottom of my heart! :thumbup:

Edit: Before a certain sub-forum starts reacting angrily to my post, I'd like to say one more thing: I can't help the fact, that God blessed me with my ruggedly handsome good looks...I'm grateful. I was also fortunate to have wonderful, loving, attractive parents, who taught me good manner's & right from wrong! :thumbup:

Real classy, Kelama. Good manners.....riiiiight. :thumbdn:

I thought it was against the rules to insult another member in this forum? Gleefully pointing out someone is "ugly" is pretty insulting, IMO.

Seriously, are you still in high school or what?

You will be surprised If there is a rule that next to the avatar is standing information of age of that members . Probably 80 % is teenager, adolescent ..............:)

...And speaking of funny (I know it's not nice to make fun of other people's looks), but in my defense, this person posted his own picture on this forum. :D Thanks to BenchCoSpyderco's smackdown thread, we all got a great laugh! :D

^ Seeing this picture, is without a doubt, thee funniest thing that I've seen during my 3 year tenure here BladeFourms! :D

It's actually quite funny: thee biggest know it all troll on this forum, look's exactly like the stereotypical basement troll that you'd expect him to look like; the type of troll people post pictures of on the internet...but in this case, he's real!!! :D

Please refer to post #5:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...nd-carry-it-every-day?p=16132928#post16132928

And the funniest part of all: he was most likely so fixated on the subject (the CRK Sebenza), that when he posted this picture, he most likely missed his ugly reflection below... That's "Beauty & the Beast," priceless right there! :D

OR...he's thee quintessential narcissist, & he was aware of his reflection. :confused:

Either way, he look's exactly like I knew he looked, & my own self concept has improved x 1,000,000

When this picture was posted in another sub-forum, the second funniest thing that I've seen here on BF's, was a post/quote on my activity stream by a fellow BF member & friend, Phillll:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!
WTH!
In GeeDee, really!
A serious error in judgement .......or meltdown.
You should know better.

That was my other possible definition. The edge. Why not just call it the cutting or sharpened edge?

Because the edge can include the entirety of the bevel (and micro-bevel). The apex is a specific part of the edge, where the bevels meet.

But you know, only old timers carry SAKs. Modern knives are for young folks full of vin and vigor and of course have a Heeter MOW what ever that is. Lots of BF folks enjoy firearms, all types. From a practical point of view, a swiss army knife IS all you need for 95% of all normal cutting whether you know it or not unless you're into self defensive use of knives. It may not be all you want. I certainly want a more diverse accumulation, but the SAK is often the heavy lifter for many day in day out.

I thought the purpose of a business was to make money? Guess I was wrong.

So what makes you laugh about the knife community?

Because the edge can include the entirety of the bevel (and micro-bevel). The apex is a specific part of the edge, where the bevels meet.

More specifically, the bevels are what are sharpened and their junction, the apex, is what dictates the effective "sharpness" by its width and uniformity. The angle of the bevels relative to the blade's centerline is your edge angle, but the width of the apex is your sharpness. It's all just an effective way of further breaking down the terminology of what makes up an "edge" so that individual variables can be discussed independent of other aspects.

I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my addition:

People who have disdain for a certain knife brand (whichever brand it happens to be), yet whenever thread concerning a knife from that brand comes up, they are compelled to post and get into arguments about how much it and the brand itself is overpriced and sucks.

Jim

what make me laugh?
Spyderco knives.... I don´t know why, I think is the ugliest knife ever made... sorry guys..
another thing that make me laugh? full serrated knives...
Best regards..

No, it's not funny. And the irony of the last line is overwhelming. Thread closed.

Please refer to post #5:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

To the member's of BF, who've made me cry hysterically: thank you from the bottom of my heart! :thumbup:

Edit: Before a certain sub-forum starts reacting angrily to my post, I'd like to say one more thing: I can't help the fact, that God blessed me with my ruggedly handsome good looks...I'm grateful. I was also fortunate to have wonderful, loving, attractive parents, who taught me good manner's & right from wrong! :thumbup:

Please refer to post #5:

WTF is that!!! LMFAO!!!

No, it's not funny. And the irony of the last line is overwhelming. Thread closed.

Hmm... Just a quick note to point out that it's June and I'm still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back