What makes you laugh about the knife community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who describe everything they like about a knife except the primary reason - they like the way it looks.

Not at all saying looks shouldn't matter, it's a personal choice. But if you can't be honest with yourself about it, that says something.

I laugh at people who think that EVERYONE should take cutting as the number ONE reason of owning a knife. I buy knives of $500+ solely for fondling and flipping open and close them while watching a 20” TV sitting in a broken sofa in a dark basement of $200 monthly rent. Now laugh at me all you want.

Another think that makes me laugh is the whole wave craze, and the tactical folder craze in general.
For edc you don't need a so called lightening fast knife or a n over built tactical folder.
Tape is just plastic film and glue, boxes are just cardboard, and string is just cotton or nylon. All your knife needs to be is sharp. Anyone who buys a tactical folder as an edc cutting tool is a mall ninja in my eyes.

A really ridiculous one is when I see some form of unboxing video where they use a karambit in a reverse grip because they think that's how you always have to use, but the fact that it's very difficult and they almost cut themselves doesn't tell them they're doing something wrong.

Zing. ;):D:thumbup:

When I see guys with high end custom Ti-framelock collections then see a vid of them driving junker cars (only vehicle too!). Talk about priorities LOL. (mostly the instagram types LOL). ;)

It's fun to pretend to be wealthy. :foot::rolleyes:

Here's a quick pic of my $5,000 Stan Wilson NFF and oops; my jalopy in the background LOL. :eek::D

Hahahahaha hey man don't diss their sloppy jalopy, it's their only mode of transport. They'll drive next to a guy in a decent car but little does he realize the sloppy jalopy driver has a $5000 knife in his pocket

A knife is a knife, and it doesn't a need weird shape to look good. Not one single thing on a knife should be pointless.

GEDC5319.jpg

Zing. ;):D:thumbup:

When I see guys with high end custom Ti-framelock collections then see a vid of them driving junker cars (only vehicle too!). Talk about priorities LOL. (mostly the instagram types LOL). ;)

It's fun to pretend to be wealthy. :foot::rolleyes:

Here's a quick pic of my $5,000 Stan Wilson NFF and oops; my jalopy in the background LOL. :eek::D

I drive a 3rd hand, 175 000 miles car. And I prefer by far putting my money into knives and outdoors equipment.
I'm one of those guys who shoot rifles with scopes that cost 5 times their wheels haha
The car will end up at the junkyard ultimately, contrary to my knives and shooting gear.

Priorities are different for each of us, but we are all united by the love of nice steel tools :)

People who think that they are the knife use police...

Especially those who think a knife should only be used for cutting.
This to me is almost as bad as the ones who don't use them at all.
Actually, they all might be the same people. :)

He is not in this knife community... he might not even be the average knife user. But, in the course of the last year and a half he has fed two entire villages in Pakistan and probably half a city in China buying stuff from ebay. He has probably spent over 2000 USD on junk instead of buying a decent knife like I suggested. And when he finally sought something better... he got a conterfeit Spyderco! LOL

The karambit craze started because of csgo. Ahaha funny enough I did betting on that game and made enough money from a VIRTUAL KNIFE to get a buck 119 aha

I can promise you that karambits were creeping into knife catalogues and displays in the western world long before CS:GO existed.

Source: Saw plenty of them not too long after the CS 1.6 release ruined the franchise.

I laugh at the pimply hipster and emo kids who're desperate for attention.

You know the hipsters; desperate to seem authentic and salty that they consider any blade that's not 3x their age too mainstream.

You know the emo's; just so angry because their parents won't let them do whatever stupid thing they want to they have come here and try and get back at them.

They sign up on here and complain about the last website they had to leave because everyone was mean, & then just run off at the mouth with no clue complaining about youtube reviews and other little vague hurty feeling things that are just plain laughable.

And then they quit because they loose interest.

I can promise you that karambits were creeping into knife catalogues and displays in the western world long before CS:GO existed.

Source: Saw plenty of them not too long after the CS 1.6 release ruined the franchise.
I have one myself and I am ashamed. No use for it at all

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Lots of funny and interesting stuff here, people.

My first thought was how much time and energy some of us put into taking pics of our knives. Myself included, of course. It's like a quest for the "perfect" image. And the last one I took is often my most favorite... until the next one. In the end, I imagine, they're all perfect enough.

I have to laugh at people like me who falls under nearly every category of demeaning knife usage and non-usage that has been portrayed here in this, and other threads.
I always use a knife to open the mail.
I cut up cardboard boxes to fit in the trash and love doing it.
I have many knives that I never use but will look at with affection.
I expand the scope of “EDC” to mean “Every Day (I) Carry” a knife.
I experiment with different EDCs in the kitchen knowing my chef’s knife is superior for
that function.​
I don’t backpack and camp anymore, call it “age challenged” or “oh my back hurts!” And
have no desire to field dress an Elk with my Mora.

1. Myself - Own too many knives, many that won't ever be used because my few users are damned fine knives that will last decades.
2. Myself - Razor edge obsessed while a working edge will be perfectly sufficient.
3. Myself - Super-steel obsessed when any decent steel will suffice.
4. Myself - Live in fear of my wife ever finding out how much this stuff costs.

And ditto for pretty much everything already mentioned.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

The fetish for extremely thick and heavy folding knives. I'm talking about 0.25"+ blades. Can I get suspenders with that?

Don't take this as me getting offended. 3/16-1/4 inch thick knives have their place in my weekend stuff because I don't want to have to wear suspenders to carry a small pry bar. But if all you cut is light stuff a thin knife is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our forefathers were closer to the land than most of us will ever be; and their knives, made from simple alloys and natural products, often lasted a lifetime. I enjoy collecting and playing with knives. But, most of my knife tasks, beyond the kitchen, will be realistically done by a simple Camillus stockman that has been riding around in my pocket every day for nearly 20 years. It is often supplimented by more appropriate tools, but it is always there and usually sufficient to do 95% of whatever a knife is supposed to do. I don't know when an EDC became something other than its plain english meaning, but it is pretty funny.

n2s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back