What model is this?

One of my grandfather’s old knives, if someone could tell me the model that would be great. Thank you everyone!
j1w1YKx.jpg

Last edited:
One of my grandfather’s old knives, if someone could tell me the model and an estimated value that would be great. Thank you everyone!
j1w1YKx.jpg

We can probably tell you which knife it is. But we can’t tell you the value unless you get a gold level membership.

Okay, I deleted the value part. Knowing what model it is would still be great. Thanks!

Okay, I deleted the value part. Knowing what model it is would still be great. Thanks!

Someone will come along and hell you. I am no Randall expert. But you havw an extremely beautiful knife there.

Looks like a model 5 with an optional handle to me. No numbers on the back of the sheath? Go to the Randall web sight see the model 5 then check the dimensions, then price out the optional handle and lanyard hole.

It's a really nice knife

Last edited:
It is a model 5, thank you eveled! There are two 5's on the back of the sheath, I don't know how I missed that haha.

Well since everyone here seems to be so helpful, and I have a few other knife questions, I went ahead and upgraded to gold membership haha. No more Randall knives though.

dshoe - your grandfather's Randall is a Model #5-5 'Camp and Trail' from the late 1960's to early 1970's ('67-'72); if it still has the original sharpening stone, I could narrow that period down a bit. The black Micarta handle with (unlined) lanyard hole seems to be the only options, unless there's a compass too. The value is right around $500. Hope that helps.

Back