What multi tool company has the best warranty and best service.

I've owned a sidekick for 5-6 months and today while tightening a hose clamp on a Ford focus the little screwed driver built into the file just broke......pretty ridiculous the hose clamp wasn't even tifht when it broke. Owell stuff happens so I contact them and they tell me if I want it fixed I have to send it in. I use the multi tool every day multiple times a day so going without it for weeks isnt going to work. I'll need a replacement . And since their warranty is so strict I won't be buying another. What company builds a decent tool that has a good warranty to deal with?

Leatherman. They have done the most with the least out of any company I've ever dealt with. I'm talking replacing found tools, replacing abused tools, you name it. Yes the turn around is a little bit, but its not that bad. I don't know that any other company would or could be faster. You could always express post it with a new express envelope already filled out and ready in with it.

I'd suggest that if you are doing that level of work with your MT, then go ahead and send in your sidekick, and pick up a super-tool 300, or a wave for that sort of work, and keep the new sidekick as a backup. Its not hard to break a multi-tool if you are treating it like you would a high end single tool. Not saying its your fault, just something to keep in mind.

As far as expecting a company to send out a new tool before they get the old one, that's a little harsh. Very few companies do that, and its generally under very specific circumstances.

I didn't expect a new entire tool. I just don't understand why they can't send me the broken piece and I'll fix it. Kershaw has done it for me before as well as benchmade.

Ah. They don't send out parts because for most folks, taking apart a leatherman is a much harder task than they plan on. Also not all of the tools are disassemble-able. Given how often they turn over models and improve them, it would also be a pain for them to keep stock of every possible part. I've had one tool replaced with an equivalent model, as have others. I suspect that they do a fair amount of mid-run tweaking to production, such that it would make drop in parts kinda rough.

It was my misunderstanding of what you had been wanting them to do.

As far as I know, Leatherman has the best warranty. My top three multi-tool brands are Victorinix, Leatherman and then SOG. I suspect Vic's warranty is very good too. But honestly, I have never needed to utilize any of these warranty services and probably would simply replace the multi-tool myself and be done with it if I liked it. Breaking something is an opportunity to upgrade.

I've owned a sidekick for 5-6 months and today while tightening a hose clamp on a Ford focus the little screwed driver built into the file just broke......pretty ridiculous the hose clamp wasn't even tifht when it broke. Owell stuff happens so I contact them and they tell me if I want it fixed I have to send it in. I use the multi tool every day multiple times a day so going without it for weeks isnt going to work. I'll need a replacement . And since their warranty is so strict I won't be buying another. What company builds a decent tool that has a good warranty to deal with?

Where is the LOL button when you need it?

Leatherman actually has an awesome warranty, at least I my experience. I have sent several tools back over the years as my family owns quite a few of them. Their response he been very fast and always to liking. They have even replaced a couple tools with newer models at no cost a couple times. They have been great.

You can try other brands if you like. Then you'll have a better gauge regarding what you like. I would send the Sidekick in and buy another tool, model of your choice (I would suggest the Leatherman Wave if you decide to give them another shot). If you use your multi tool that much, you probably want to have a backup any way as things happen. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

So I did send the Leatherman in and I just now received it today they sharpen the blade and screwed up the angles on the blade one side of the blade was sharpened almost flat and the other one is at a very steep angle...... wish they would have just sent me the damn part to be fixed I could have fixed it and it on my way so now Monday they have to take it back in and I guess they're going to replace the entire multi tool which is great just it's just aggravating that it's this complicated

Back