What multi tool, You using today?

MvgJdOf.jpg

So today is Multitool Maintenance and Repair Day. I replaced the serrated blade on the Charge and swapped jaws in the Bond. The Charge is a parts bin tool. It has frame, jaws, blade, saw, file and interior tools from a Charge TTi. The serrated blade is from a wave. The scales and pivots are from a Charge +. For the sake of science, I went into my parts bin and saw that I had a pair of Rebar jaws. I figured let’s see if they will fit in the bond and they do.

So today is Multitool Maintenance and Repair Day. I replaced the serrated blade on the Charge and swapped jaws in the Bond. The Charge is a parts bin tool. It has frame, jaws, blade, saw, file and interior tools from a Charge TTi. The serrated blade is from a wave. The scales and pivots are from a Charge +. For the sake of science, I went into my parts bin and saw that I had a pair of Rebar jaws. I figured let’s see if they will fit in the bond and they do.

Interesting and inventive.
You've been busy.
I prefer the charge serrated blade, I have found the hook very handy.
You'll be working for leatherman as a designer soon :oops: :)

Interesting and inventive.
You've been busy.
I prefer the charge serrated blade, I have found the hook very handy.
You'll be working for leatherman as a designer soon :oops: :)
Mitch, thanks for the kind words. I agree, the seat belt cutter/hook is very handy, but mine was damaged at the tip. If I had one, I would have installed that instead. The Charge was a challenge for me to see if i had enough parts to build up a tool. I really like the older titanium scales on the Charge TTi and picked up a few of those over the years that were damaged. I fixed those up as time and money allowed. I ended up with some extra parts and that is how this Charge ALX came to be. For those that might be interested the date codes on the handles are 11/04 and 02/06. So far, no money has been spent on this Charge, just time. It has been a fun little project.

JonesE

I’ll give the micra a try in place of the sak classic that I always carry.

View attachment 1601139

It just barely squeezes in my organizer.

View attachment 1601140
I always thought I was a pliers (vs scissors) guy, but I find myself carrying and using the Micra far more than my Squirt. In fact since I got the Micra I never carry the Squirt. In that size tool I find the scissors much more useful.

I always thought I was a pliers (vs scissors) guy, but I find myself carrying and using the Micra far more than my Squirt. In fact since I got the Micra I never carry the Squirt. In that size tool I find the scissors much more useful.

It’s funny, I used to have a squirt and micra that I sold. I bought this used micra a while back, and now I’m thinking of getting another squirt ps4. I didn’t find much use for the tiny pliers but maybe I will revisit that. The micra is great though, not sure why I ever sold my first one.

It’s funny, I used to have a squirt and micra that I sold. I bought this used micra a while back, and now I’m thinking of getting another squirt ps4. I didn’t find much use for the tiny pliers but maybe I will revisit that. The micra is great though, not sure why I ever sold my first one.
I found a used Micra on Ebay for about $13. It has quickly become my favorite keychain multitool.

Yesterdays mail had my new LM Signal in it. I have the Wave but wanted something geared more to outdoor activities. I put it to use repairing fence to move some cows to new pasture. The wire cutter is surprisingly good! I think it’s going to get some good usage on the ranch/farm and camping out.

I used my original Wave to replace my car's front brake wear sensor on Monday. The sensor was causing a brake warning light that caused my car to fail a state inspection.
IMG_0163.jpg
When I pulled the wheel off, I found the sensor just hanging loose from its wire! No wonder it wasn't working!
IMG_0162.jpg

Back