What multi tool, You using today?

View attachment 1656877
Using my Marbles Workman today.
When I first got it a few years ago I thought it more a novelty knife but it really is a useful tool.

I find myself using it often when working on old slip joints.
It is excellent for tightening loose pivot pins and straightening bent tips.
It is a little different, what does look like closed?
The fact that you found a real practical use for it is really cool 👍

Last edited:
It is a little different, what does look like closed?
The fact that you found w real practical use for it is really cool 👍
4F506C28-3C41-4E1C-8D5E-FF5D63A438A7.jpeg
Here it is closed.
It is a fine tool for delicate type work.

All my other hammers are 16oz and heavier. There is also one with an adjustable wrench on the end but I never got a chance to pick one of those up.

I think it was cool of Marbles to make these as I do remember seeing catalog pictures of similar knives from about 100 years ago.

Drove to our vacation site, but I'm flying home tomorrow. My wife will drive home in a week. So... I had to choose what edc I would use for the week and not miss too much during the week when I'm home along. LM Charge on my hip, Gerber flipper hanging on my front pocket.
JPEG_20211022_124750_5923872585246737655.jpg
JPEG_20211022_125415_4049203884232259245.jpg
As my week away comes to a close, I'm happy with my choices. I just need to remember to leave all the sharp stuff in the car when my wife drops me off at the airport! T-A

3EoTyE1.jpg

Bond once again!

Out in the yard
I was lucky trimmed some low hanging branches put back in the pouch, gathered up all rhe branches and got rid of them. When I came back there was my charge lying on the grass😯 must have fallen out when I bent over lucky it didn't become mower food 😁IMG_20211031_124525.jpg

Case Barlow and an old Leatherman Micra I carried in my long retired tool pouch...was job specific when I did electrical 20+ yrs ago and worked so well on these certain Zip Ties we dealt with:thumbsup:
dq4m7T.jpg

bNF9Yc.jpg

Note: Not the original one I carried, this has the new logo vs the old, the original is in the console of my truck :)

These two saved the day multiple times this week. Just this morning, the Topeak Hexus X helped me remove my front derailleur after a poor shifting decision on my part caused the chain to jam between the cage and the big ring. Still not quite sure how that happened exactly but between the hex 5mm and the tire leavers I was able to get things sorted enough to finish the ride. And earlier in the week I broke not one but two spokes. Using the pliers on the CS4 and the spoke wrenches on the Topeak, I was able to get the spokes removed so they wouldn't impale anything (me) the rest of the ride. I know lots of cyclists don't believe in bringing a pliers based multi-tool in order to save weight but for me, when it is cold/hot, wet/sweaty, and dark, I prefer to not be fumbling around with slick or numb fingers. Had to hold the spoke with the pliers and use the spoke wrench on the nipple to get the spoke unscrewed. Tried with just my fingers first, and it was a no go.

1ZvSH30h.jpg

Back