What multitool or SAK did you buy today

Did you check if the baro can be trusted?

Candidly, I did not. I confess that I didn't buy it expecting a precision set of instruments, especially since to my knowledge, it doesn't connect to anything external. I mean, it even takes it a few minutes to cool down from "Here's the temperature inside your pocket" to ambient temp readings. LOL

I stumbled across a SAK that might just have the most delightful set of stock scales I've ever seen and one I instantly just had to have.

Many of you have probably heard of the "My First Victorinox" knife with a rounded main blade, marketed towards children. It is typically offered in translucent red, blue, or pink. Well, I was looking into them as a source for sapphire scales and noticed that overseas they sell 3 other versions with an animal theme; one with a jungle theme, one with an underwater scene, and one with forest animals. The forest one has a mushroom placed pretty prominently in the foreground, and I couldn't help but take notice of it and the fact that it looks like the animals are staring at it smiling, and thought to myself "this would be a pretty cool set of scales for another project."

qi0dY5h.jpg

That's not the best part though. I click to see the back side of the knife and what do I see???

Wait for it?...

Wait for it?...

wAU00cM.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣🤩🤪

The mushroom is gone and animals are rolling around on the forest floor having a good ol' time! And this is a kid's knife! I'm aware that this type of mushroom is the widely used in folklore particularly in Europe, so in certain places its use in children's stories might be commonplace, but I just couldn't resist picking up a SAK with scales that had forest animals trippin' out on mushrooms 🤣. I'm swapping the scales onto a Bantam and using it as my around the house bottle opener 🤓

I stumbled across a SAK that might just have the most delightful set of stock scales I've ever seen and one I instantly just had to have.

Many of you have probably heard of the "My First Victorinox" knife with a rounded main blade, marketed towards children. It is typically offered in translucent red, blue, or pink. Well, I was looking into them as a source for sapphire scales and noticed that overseas they sell 3 other versions with an animal theme; one with a jungle theme, one with an underwater scene, and one with forest animals. The forest one has a mushroom placed pretty prominently in the foreground, and I couldn't help but take notice of it and the fact that it looks like the animals are staring at it smiling, and thought to myself "this would be a pretty cool set of scales for another project."

qi0dY5h.jpg

That's not the best part though. I click to see the back side of the knife and what do I see???

Wait for it?...

Wait for it?...

wAU00cM.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣🤩🤪

The mushroom is gone and animals are rolling around on the forest floor having a good ol' time! And this is a kid's knife! I'm aware that this type of mushroom is the widely used in folklore particularly in Europe, so in certain places its use in children's stories might be commonplace, but I just couldn't resist picking up a SAK with scales that had forest animals trippin' out on mushrooms 🤣. I'm swapping the scales onto a Bantam and using it as my around the house bottle opener 🤓
Fantastic!

It showed up!!! All the way from a seller in the Homeland, I have added an Old Soldier to my collection.

The main blade says "Wengerinox" and there's a "P" on the opposite side of the blade. I really couldn't get much info from SAKWiki on this guy, as the articles for "Old Soldier Knife" primarily wanted to discuss that new (and ultra expensive on secondary!!!) Anniversary rerelease they did. If anyone has any info, please feel free to share! It's in tremendous shape for its age, which the seller places as early 50's. I hope I look nearly as good when I'm almost 70!

Also, the bottle opener is an absolute nailbreaker, so sorry for not showing that. The Awl is just an awl. Interesting wire stripper on the flat head as well.

Sold an unused PM2 today and then bought a Vic Traveller Lite. 🙂
Propably going to be more useful than the PM2! :) I wish I would travel more to justify the traveller… who knows, maybe I eventually grab one anyway! 😁

Had a nice little mail call stacked up for me from being out Fri-Sat

Picked up an 85mm Wenger that I believe to be a Traveler (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't labeled as such in the eBay ad, so I was able to snag for a pretty good price IMO. Condition is exceptionally nice, seems barely used if at all. Love that it has my trinity (bottle opener, scissors, nail file) in the smaller package. I Have some scales that I hope will fit on the way from Russia.

Grabbed a "Mate" on the Bay as well. Wish it was a Vagabond, but it too was exceptionally clean so I couldn't resist. Tea green translucent scale swap intended for this one.

I was able to find the sold out Flytanium Cadet so I picked it up, in hopes that I can use the screw construction to learn the ropes of modding before I have to drill anything. Desperately seeking some 84mm scissors for this one when I can get them. My plan is to keep it two layers though.

The marble exclusive Spartan was purchase for scale donation

BZARrpP.jpg

I put the front half of the marble scales on my compact. For the back I went with sapphire plus scales, both for the pen and just because I dig the funkiness of the mismatch. I have other plans for the back marble scale anyway.

c1vEigY.jpg

pI77CNJ.jpg

Had a nice little mail call stacked up for me from being out Fri-Sat

Picked up an 85mm Wenger that I believe to be a Traveler (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't labeled as such in the eBay ad, so I was able to snag for a pretty good price IMO. Condition is exceptionally nice, seems barely used if at all. Love that it has my trinity (bottle opener, scissors, nail file) in the smaller package. I Have some scales that I hope will fit on the way from Russia.

Grabbed a "Mate" on the Bay as well. Wish it was a Vagabond, but it too was exceptionally clean so I couldn't resist. Tea green translucent scale swap intended for this one.

I was able to find the sold out Flytanium Cadet so I picked it up, in hopes that I can use the screw construction to learn the ropes of modding before I have to drill anything. Desperately seeking some 84mm scissors for this one when I can get them. My plan is to keep it two layers though.

The marble exclusive Spartan was purchase for scale donation

BZARrpP.jpg

I put the front half of the marble scales on my compact. For the back I went with sapphire plus scales, both for the pen and just because I dig the funkiness of the mismatch. I have other plans for the back marble scale anyway.

c1vEigY.jpg

pI77CNJ.jpg

Hi KL, nice haul. Are you using snake knots on this lanyard above? Neat.

Hi KL, nice haul. Are you using snake knots on this lanyard above? Neat.

Thanks brother. Yes, snake knots and then finished it off with a diamond knot. Snake knots are what I use most of the time, and this finally was the first time I could do it without re-watching a video. The diamond knots still give me trouble sometimes, and are often hit or miss with me requiring multiple tries. I only used it on a whim this time to finish things off with because it is (sort of) spherical and the scales have a marble print.

Thanks brother. Yes, snake knots and then finished it off with a diamond knot. Snake knots are what I use most of the time, and this finally was the first time I could do it without re-watching a video. The diamond knots still give me trouble sometimes, and are often hit or miss with me requiring multiple tries. I only used it on a whim this time to finish things off with because it is (sort of) spherical and the scales have a marble print.

Also wanna make a few lanyards, started learning the weaves, ordered some paracord and will see how I go. Even made a few beads from the bamboo in the garden.

Back