What multitool or SAK did you buy today

Also wanna make a few lanyards, started learning the weaves, ordered some paracord and will see how I go. Even made a few beads from the bamboo in the garden.
Love the idea of the bamboo beads. There's some really cool purpose made lanyard beads out there, but I really dig repurposing other things as well. I picked up some of my favorite brass lanyard beads browsing through ACE hardware.

Two new arrivals for this rainy Friday! 2021 LE SwissChamp, and a new RangerGrip 78:
cP87mYK.jpg
Scales donor for my beat-up Rambler:
65d9ead59eaa1e3dc37b5e05f93ba388.jpeg
Will post pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to score a couple more for the ALOX collection. Placed an order on the 2020 LE Pioneer in Aqua Blue, and also scored an Electrician in beautiful Victorinox Red from a dealer on that Big Auction Site who has several dealer exclusives. Pretty neat.

I knew I was going to pick up the orange Pioneer X since I first saw the release (well, after I got done griping about no Cadet this year ;) ), so I figured I'd better go ahead and grab one before they become scarce. I ordered it on Friday night and the DeaLer That I bought it from got it here by Monday morning! I also picked up a little Olight to match.

Speaking of little lights, I use these little keychain UV LEDs to charge the lume on my watches. They're only $10 for a 10 pack on Amazon, so I keep them stashed in various places and in the winter I keep one in my coat pocket so that I can have bright lume whenever I want. Then it occurred to me...All this time I've just been carrying a keychain UV light in my jacket to charge the lume on my watch LIKE A CHUMP, when I could've been carrying a UV light attached to a glow in the dark SAK in my jacket to charge the lume on my watch....Anyhow, I picked up a Stayglow classic as well.

p2Wh0KZ.jpg

Forgot to post these here since they all arrived!

2016 Victorinox "White Christmas" Evo 10 (took me a minute to track this one down!)
2020 LE Pioneer in Aqua Blue
Dealer SFO Electrician from a dealer on the Bay
Discoed Emerald Explorer (came in the little container you see at the top)

All around, not too shabby!

MpBMfm8.jpg

New Scales for the Wenger Traveler in from Russia. I wasn't 100% sure they would fit, but luckily everything lined up perfectly. I was only able to grab the front one in blue and the back one in clear, but that's OK because I kinda dig the mismatch anyway. I thought about doing the glow mod or something interesting to clear one, but for now I've decided to leave it be because it is so hard to come by (and I also like exposed look of the clear). Now to track down some Wenger tweezers and toothpick. I think the chain on the ring is just calling for a clip as well.

Dnk77Mj.jpg

bbh8AQf.jpg

EDIT: Clips came in from Amazon this afternoon, just in time for me to flame them over the gas stove while supper was cooking. I'm much more experienced going bronze, but I think I did a decent job of getting some purples and blues to come through. I'm happy with them at least.

23SFnIc.jpg

Last edited:
This little guy showed up a day or two ago! It's a new addition for my Victorinox Christmas collection, the 2020 "Wood for You" Climber:

ghfOiaG.jpg

uFc8N1D.jpg

And hey, if anyone has a line on the 2019 "All You Wish For" wooden Climber, please feel free to inbox me!!

I will have the 2021 Christmas knife in hand next week, it looks like, WOO!

Just scored a 58mm Vagabond off the Bay. Says new in box. Pic shows a Mate (flathead version of combo tool) but its just a stock pic so we'll see. Either way $30 for NOS of either one isn't bad. Dude still has 2 left so I wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking to grab one. I'll report back when it gets here.

Report back on the aforementioned "Vagabond". Turns out the driver on the combo tool was indeed a flathead, so to my knowledge that makes it a Mate. I'd rather have the phillips, but overall I'm happy with my purchase because the Mate is still an almost perfect 58mm. Plus, I ended up throwing translucent "Green Tea" scales on it, so it was good to have a shiny NOS example.

GEbpbQ4.jpg

faaRaXr.jpg

I also finally picked up an Alox Minichamp. I decided to use a Rovyvon Aurora to double as a pocket clip. Alot of utility in a compact package here.

G0DFrlh.jpg

Report back on the aforementioned "Vagabond". Turns out the driver on the combo tool was indeed a flathead, so to my knowledge that makes it a Mate. I'd rather have the phillips, but overall I'm happy with my purchase because the Mate is still an almost perfect 58mm. Plus, I ended up throwing translucent "Green Tea" scales on it, so it was good to have a shiny NOS example.

GEbpbQ4.jpg

faaRaXr.jpg

I also finally picked up an Alox Minichamp. I decided to use a Rovyvon Aurora to double as a pocket clip. Alot of utility in a compact package here.

G0DFrlh.jpg
For the record, I approve of everything going on here!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Many thanks brother! Some mighty cool pickups you have posted above as well!
Thank you! I have been focusing pretty much solely on SAKs for the past while, because there just hasn't been anything in the modern world that has grabbed my interest. And there are soooo many amazing SAKs out there, I'm really enjoying the journey!

Thank you! I have been focusing pretty much solely on SAKs for the past while, because there just hasn't been anything in the modern world that has grabbed my interest. And there are soooo many amazing SAKs out there, I'm really enjoying the journey!
Right there with ya'. It takes alot more these days for a modern knife to give me that "must have" feeling, and there's so much within the SAK world for knife lovers to sink our teeth into. Collecting them can be very fulfilling while not (necessarily ;)) breaking the bank. They've become like the candy of knife collecting for me.

Back