What photo sharing/hosting sight are you guys using?

I just purchased a gold membership and am having problems sharing pictures from photo bucket unless I buy a membership I think. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated by me I am a newb.

let me give it a try... how do I do that?

There is a file size limit, but when you make a post, underneath the "Post Reply" option, choose the "Upload a File" option and select the desired photo. Repeat as necessary for multiple photos.

Edit: Also, try reading in the Tech Support forum; there's plenty of info there already on how to post photos to the site using various methods and hosting sites.

I switched to postimage.org, because Photobucket screwed the pooch.
Now I recommend it to people who just need to post a few pictures to get something identified or whatever since it's so extremely easy to use in with a few steps without signing up, but I have no clue how it is as far as pictures you care about and want to have backed up...ect.
My pictures aren't precious to me so I just have no clue about any of that stuff, just how to host and post them.

Last edited:
I'm a paid member as well, but rather than uploading directly, I still use google photos for my hosting location.

I just purchased a gold membership and am having problems sharing pictures from photo bucket unless I buy a membership I think. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated by me I am a newb.

Heck I have tons of photos on fotoF it (that's my insane way of saying PhotoBucket; they made me the way I am trying to use their intentionally slow mess).
As soon as I got a membership here I have never been back to PhotoSuckit.

It's easy :
You don't need a separate service just use the on screen commands here in the forum.
Have the photo you want to post on your desk top.
Size it small so it will load fast for all of us and not hog the entire screen once in a thread.
Poke the button that says "Upload a File" just bellow the text entry frame that you are using when you create a thread or reply to a post.
You will get a list of the files on your desk top; click on the name for the photo from that list then click "choose".
Once it loads onto Blade Forums I think it will be obvious what to do from there just follow the buttons.

I switched to postimage.org, because Photobucket screwed the pooch.
Now I recommend it to people who just need to post a few pictures to get something identified or whatever since it's so extremely easy to use in with a few steps without signing up, but I have no clue how it is as far as pictures you care about and want to have backed up...ect.
My pictures aren't precious to me so I just have no clue about any of that stuff, just how to host and post them.

Except that everytime we click on a pic from there, we are flooded with ads.

Heck I have tons of photos on fotoF it (that's my insane way of saying PhotoBucket; they made me the way I am trying to use their intentionally slow mess).
As soon as I got a membership here I have never been back to PhotoSuckit.

It's easy :
You don't need a separate service just use the on screen commands here in the forum.
Have the photo you want to post on your desk top.
Size it small so it will load fast for all of us and not hog the entire screen once in a thread.
Poke the button that says "Upload a File" just bellow the text entry frame that you are using when you create a thread or reply to a post.
You will get a list of the files on your desk top; click on the name for the photo from that list then click "choose".
Once it loads onto Blade Forums I think it will be obvious what to do from there just follow the buttons.
Or even easier: open the folder containing your picture files on your desktop, then drag and drop the file into the body of your post. Then choose the option of 'full size' or 'thumbnail'

I post right from my iPad. The iPhone has a better camera, but it is easier to compose and edit from the 12” screen. I use Image Size. It’s a free app., but I paid a little more to lose the pop-ups. My only complaint is they turn my landscape into squares. So I crop my shots accordingly. All shots square.B31C9665-28C1-42F5-AA3C-5C4E7DE61AF1.jpegAC2A2A2C-3904-4177-A52E-2FF6FFD7765F.jpeg

Back