What SAK are ya totin' today?

EKs1NpU.jpg

fully geared

Do it, you won't regret it, LOL.

I think it's an outstanding version of the scout knife pattern.

I only have a Recruit and I had a Climber, too. I lost the Climber after forgetting about it in a velcro flap sealed internal pocket in my daypack at Belfast City Airport - I had it there as a backup multitool, and had to forfeit it.

A while after getting home from my travels I started to look for a replacement medium size SAK.

I ended up getting a Pioneer and a Hiker, this week.

After filing off the annoying split ring attachment point, and setting the blade edge at around 15 degrees each side, so it's razor sharp and easy to resharpen, the Pioneer's already proving it's worth. It's a heck of a knife for the money IMO.

IMG_7490.JPG

Last edited:
Travellin' light there, brother?;):p:D

That is a pretty capable toolset selection right there.:thumbsup::cool:

Peacent, can I ask how you carry the Gerber multitool and SAK? In belt sheaths?

SAK is usually clipped by a P7 clone clip or other hanger so it stays vertical in the pocket, or inside a pocket organizer together with an AAA light or multitool if it fits, all in one of the back pockets.
The Multitool is most times carried in a sheath, unless it has a clip in which case I usually clip it to one of the back pockets.

MiCeOnW.jpg

Today, for instance, SAK in the keychain, Spyderco in LFP, Spirit in a pocket sheath with my LED Lenser P3 and the Multitasker clipped too the back pocket

SAK is usually clipped by a P7 clone clip or other hanger so it stays vertical in the pocket, or inside a pocket organizer together with an AAA light or multitool if it fits, all in one of the back pockets.
The Multitool is most times carried in a sheath, unless it has a clip in which case I usually clip it to one of the back pockets.

MiCeOnW.jpg

Today, for instance, SAK in the keychain, Spyderco in LFP, Spirit in a pocket sheath with my LED Lenser P3 and the Multitasker clipped too the back pocket

Thanks!

Always lots to trim and prune around here, so my almost constant companion (and today is no exception) is my Vic Walker -- 84mm with blade, saw, and combo tool -- carried in a Vic Zermatt pouch with sharpening steel. A nice, light knife that provides the basics with nothing extra to weigh me down. (The Zermatt pouch also fits the Tinker quite well if needed.)

35013397123_1ebb84ca51_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back