What SAK are ya totin' today?

Cadet.
BwdlSkvh.jpg

Yep.. Still toting my Small Tinker since getting it on Nov 7th.... And liking it!!! :D
I have been carrying the side locking discontinued Adventurer model that I call basically a 111mm Tinker for over 10 years and have multiple spares. I just dug out my Small Tinker I purchased this past Spring and I am thinking about giving this one a try. This may sound stupid but I have been carrying the 111mm Adventurer for years and forgot that the Tinker has two blades like the Electrician which I like. I dug a regular Tinker out to confirm. I have a couple of them. I have been thinking about carrying something smaller but still SAK functional. The Small Tinker may just be the new EDC for me. I am going to give it a try starting right now! Going to leave the Peanut in the watch pocket as I kind of like it. The Adventurer gets sidelined for a while.

Last edited:
I have carried a knife in the rfp for the past 45 or so yrs.. Always a traditional of some sort.. At times I would give the SAK a passing glance but never gave it a fair shot.. Well.. Since getting this and toting it every day I came to the conclusion that its all right!! I have used my knife (Small Tinker) now more than in the yrs past.. I wont give up on my other knives but for now until (???) who knows when thisun is in the rfp to stay!!:D
John ;)

Hey rimfire.. This sums it up for me!!;):D
John

I didn't see that summation as I skipped to the last page or so of posts. The Tinker was the first SAK I carried back in the early 80's. I tried a Alox Soldier, some smaller ones, and then I decided to pick something up at the local gunshow. I found the Adventurer there in the mid-90's and have carried it religiously ever since. I do like the 3" blade, but I'm thinking it really isn't necessary and I seldom do anything I consider hard use anymore. Usually have a fixed blade with me in the woods but used the SAK mostly. Now with the Small Tinker I may actually use the fixed blade. I find this kind of humorous actually that I seem to be precisely like I was as a kid and never needed fixed blades for anything and religiously hunted, fished, and hiked then.

Camo Trekker.
Edit: I just ordered a couple of those TEC P-7 clips for the Trekker and a Tinker. I can't wait for them to arrive. Carrying either of these SAK's in the bottom of my pocket is killing me!

Last edited:
Back