1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What SAK are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by arizonaranchman, Sep 21, 2014.

1. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    A Farmer today...

[​IMG]

2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Wenger Soldat:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

3. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Just arrived tonight but I'm pocketing it now, SAK Cadet

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

One thing that SAK does that I like is the way they nest the blades into the frame, everything is as snug as a bug, nail nicks are barely above the frame edge and the tangs of the blades are sunken, making a nice rounded folder.

With all that attention to detail I would have hoped they would have spent just a bit more time on that tab that sticks out for the split ring, seems like a thoughtless addition and could have at least been tumble burr'd to remove those sharp edges.

I know most will grind it off flush with the handle, I've done as much on my Pioneer and a few others, but like it on these smaller folders.
    G2

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  4. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Let us know how you like the Cadet Gary .

Here is my work Companion for the last while in combination with a Spyderco .

[​IMG]

5. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Hey Ken! always good to 'see' you and your rough side out work is sweet, haven't gotten around to try that yet!

The Cadet, while just less than a days worth of use, I think will be a very handy companion in my watch pocket, in the front right pocket I also carry a Pioneer in black alox as well as my ever present Executive, some might say the Executive and Cadet are redundant but I'll sort that out as time goes by.

I picked the silver alox for this one, could have gotten black or red, but figured with time the coating wears off and with sliver, it'll still look sliverish as my black Pioneer is showing it's age and soon will look sliverish too, but a rougher looking scales, was cool to begin with! but now, not so much ;)

G2

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  6. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Received this 1 during the week, first alox
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    new to me '85-'91 Super Tinker
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  8. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    [​IMG]

9. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Cadet, been liking it quite a bit for the watch pocket carry

G2

10. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    Had an Executive at work, later the Explorer but only used the cap lifter! So I guess back to an in between Spartan for the weekend....

11. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    ...oh...and it's a serrated blade which makes it a Weekender

PeaceInOurTime and jmh33 like this.
  12. Daedric Panther

Apr 27, 2019
    A serrated spartan? Is that a thing?

TonySal likes this.
  13. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes brother Panther! It's called a Weekender and usually listed as discontinued, but on Swiss Army Knights someone found one from REI Outfiters named Serrated Spartan so I grabbed one, great price...

14. Daedric Panther

Apr 27, 2019
    Cool! I had no idea those existed. Thanks for the info

TonySal likes this.
  15. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’m not really toting it, but it just arrived in the mail today! I like it...

[​IMG]

17. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    Ahem.... ;)

Zephyr One/Zero and jmh33 like this.
  18. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007