What SAK are ya totin' today?

A Farmer today...

CFA89-D6-A-30-D2-420-D-931-D-608-BBCB67-A88.jpg

Just arrived tonight but I'm pocketing it now, SAK Cadet

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

One thing that SAK does that I like is the way they nest the blades into the frame, everything is as snug as a bug, nail nicks are barely above the frame edge and the tangs of the blades are sunken, making a nice rounded folder.

With all that attention to detail I would have hoped they would have spent just a bit more time on that tab that sticks out for the split ring, seems like a thoughtless addition and could have at least been tumble burr'd to remove those sharp edges.

I know most will grind it off flush with the handle, I've done as much on my Pioneer and a few others, but like it on these smaller folders.
G2

Last edited:
Hey Ken! always good to 'see' you and your rough side out work is sweet, haven't gotten around to try that yet!

The Cadet, while just less than a days worth of use, I think will be a very handy companion in my watch pocket, in the front right pocket I also carry a Pioneer in black alox as well as my ever present Executive, some might say the Executive and Cadet are redundant but I'll sort that out as time goes by.

I picked the silver alox for this one, could have gotten black or red, but figured with time the coating wears off and with sliver, it'll still look sliverish as my black Pioneer is showing it's age and soon will look sliverish too, but a rougher looking scales, was cool to begin with! but now, not so much ;)

G2

Last edited:
Yes brother Panther! It's called a Weekender and usually listed as discontinued, but on Swiss Army Knights someone found one from REI Outfiters named Serrated Spartan so I grabbed one, great price...

Yes brother Panther! It's called a Weekender and usually listed as discontinued, but on Swiss Army Knights someone found one from REI Outfiters named Serrated Spartan so I grabbed one, great price...

Cool! I had no idea those existed. Thanks for the info

Back