What SAK are ya totin' today?

ibgle4.jpg

...or carry my Buck 110 and freak everyone out, that is, until they need help... can't stand NKP= no knife people....

TonySal mentioned Spartan Saturday a couple weeks back, thought it sounded like a good idea.

bakn64x.jpg

I like the wood scales but I find them quite slippery. I've been considering trying my hand at checkering as a remedy. Anyone else checkered walnut scales or have ideas to improve the grip?

TonySal mentioned Spartan Saturday a couple weeks back, thought it sounded like a good idea.

bakn64x.jpg

I like the wood scales but I find them quite slippery. I've been considering trying my hand at checkering as a remedy. Anyone else checkered walnut scales or have ideas to improve the grip?
...more slippery than red celi?!
Dont know how to rough it up neatly, woodworker? I think it's a beauty and I will get one someday soon.

...more slippery than red celi?!
Dont know how to rough it up neatly, woodworker? I think it's a beauty and I will get one someday soon.
Yes, quite a bit more slippery the Cellidor. I was thinking a small area of checkering could add grip and may even improve it's looks as in the case of shotgun and rifle stock checkering.

Today I'm Totin a Farmer and for Good Reason

Recently I had a back tool awl fold up during use. It folded backwards while being used in the proper direction. No harm was done but it got me thinking about the strength of the Vic Farmer. The in-line awl of the Farmer would not have folded in the same situation.

The Back Story

A few months ago the SAKs that I had available to choose from had multiplied substantially and since I only rarely use the saw I had unintentionally set my trusty Farmer aside. When comparing it to the cellidor models I had been carrying lately I realized 4 things; The Farmer is built strong, 2) Whether I use the saw blade or not it makes the Farmer the correct width to be the most comfortable in use, 3) Having a Rambler on my key chain makes the scissors, toothpick and tweezers that are included in Cellidor models redundant, 4) The combination of Farmer/Rambler gives me all the tools I'm likely to use when reaching for a pocket knife. So today I'm once again back to carrying my greatly appreciated Farmer.

4sNjsWo.jpg

Would love to find a Safari !
Nice little Buck there- is it a 300 series? I have the large stockman from years ago.

Reactions: 315
Would love to find a Safari !
Nice little Buck there- is it a 300 series? I have the large stockman from years ago.

Thanks! The Buck is a 301 when they were made by Camillus, with two springs instead of the three they make today. The Safari is a great knife, but I’m really surprised they put the saw in front of the blade. It makes the nail nick hard to get to on the blade. It would’ve made more sense to put the saw in back and put its nail nick on the back side. Especially since it’s basically up the German Soldier knife, where your hands may be cold, wet and slippery when you’re trying to use the tools.

Thanks! The Buck is a 301 when they were made by Camillus, with two springs instead of the three they make today. The Safari is a great knife, but I’m really surprised they put the saw in front of the blade. It makes the nail nick hard to get to on the blade. It would’ve made more sense to put the saw in back and put its nail nick on the back side. Especially since it’s basically up the German Soldier knife, where your hands may be cold, wet and slippery when you’re trying to use the tools.
I believe my Wrangler is a 307? Weighs my pants down. Lol. Got it at a USCG base in '86?

Back