What SAK are ya totin' today?

b51lZaZ.jpg

Tinker

Last edited:
I've been carrying either an Evo 11 or a Tinker (almost exclusively) for so long I don't remember when it started. Today I decided to give a this Compact another try. On paper it appears to be one of the best SAKs ever for EDC. This one was an auction site rescue that cleaned up well, was used for a couple of days then set aside. I'm giving it another chance for a few days to see how it works for me now.

QoxxCwC.jpg

Well after three days with the Vic Compact I'm happy to report that it is a very special blade but it won't be usurping Vic's Evo11, Sportsman, small Tinker family of knives as my EDC. As much as I like the Compact I prefer not to be without a file and the Evo's back tools. I use a awl more often than a hook and phillips head more often than a corkscrew. Again, I do like the Compact and it would be absolutely fantastic if the back tools were swapped.
Today, I had places to go and things to do so I pocketed Vic's splendid Farmer. When combined with the Rambler on my key-chain I'm pretty well equipped for most anything.:)

xQ5SV8T.jpg

Back