What SAK are ya totin' today?

84mm Tinker today, or is it??? I ask because I wonder if it's a different model being the logo is on the pile (back) side.
QLa34i.jpg
Hey mate is there advertising on the other side, I have seen Marlboro adventure team knives with the shield on the back side.
If it doesn't have any advertising on the other side and nobody has messed with it (changed scales) you have something special.

Hey mate is there advertising on the other side, I have seen Marlboro adventure team knives with the shield on the back side.
If it doesn't have any advertising on the other side and nobody has messed with it you have something special.
No advertising on the backside which is common when the shield/emblem is on the pile side like this one. Doesn't look like someone messed with but possibly a pile side scale was replaced? or maybe I did stumble upon something a wee bit unique:)

No advertising on the backside which is common when the shield/emblem is on the pile side like this one. Doesn't look like someone messed with but possibly a pile side scale was replaced? or maybe I did stumble upon something a wee bit unique:)
Either way it's a sweet knife :thumbsup:

Today I am playing with my Victorinox Explorer. I rarely carry a knife which has a magnifier and an inline Philips, but I really like them. Also, I can easily live without scissors (as long as I have a very sharp blade), but I can understand their utility on a knife such as this, which I can imagine being carried on some sort of scientific expedition.

explorer1.jpg

Last edited:
Took 2 of my youngins fishing along the creek I grew up on today. Of course I had my trusty recruit. My son also had his recruit I gave him a couple days ago. Great memories were made today in my boy hood stompin grounds.
Love hearing stuff like that Mike, my boys are grown and out of the house but I still have those wonderful memories:cool:

This has some history to it as well. My two older brothers were in Scouts, I couldn't wait till my mom signed me up, unfortunately she never did and as the disappointment subsided I still yearned to do Scout stuff. I saved lawn mowing money and bought a book on knots, learned those but still wanted to be a Scout and do cool Scout stuff. I'd grill my brothers about there patches, so then I'd read their Scout handbook. I'd even wear their Scout shirt and kerchief when they weren't around, until one day when I got caught. Lets just say I never did that again:eek::oops:

Still my want for the Scout knife, the flashlight and all the cool stuff continued for years, so when I see Scout stuff I usually pick it up, hence the Cub Scout 91mm Tinker:D
Zxelab.jpg

Back