What SAK are ya totin' today?

Nice combo Jeff:thumbup:

The red Farmer with a couple of others;)

rX5wz0.jpg

These Cadets are so nice and slim. This is my 3rd one, lol! I have red, olive green and now black. If I could figure out how to replace the can opener with a pen blade it would be perfect.

This three layer "Carver" in Gunmetal ALOX came today---I like this one:thumbup:

Two large Spears, Awl, Small Hawkbill and Saw;)

hEIEvK.jpg

This three layer "Carver" in Gunmetal ALOX came today---I like this one:thumbup:

Two large Spears, Awl, Small Hawkbill and Saw;)

hEIEvK.jpg

You've just made me jealous :)
Are both the main blades the same , or are there differences between them ?
Will you sharpen them differently - one with a fine delicate edge and the other for hard use ?
I love that colour , I just wish they made a Rancher in that shade .

Ken

You've just made me jealous :)
Are both the main blades the same , or are there differences between them ?
Will you sharpen them differently - one with a fine delicate edge and the other for hard use ?
I love that colour , I just wish they made a Rancher in that shade .

Ken

Ken, the large spears are identical, your right on with different geometry for each, one a slicer and the other will be delegated for the dirty work...you know Ken, I am thinkin that the Hawkbill may end up a Sheepfoot;):D

i agree, LOVE the gunmetal gray color!

Thanks Ryan, I couldn't pass the Gunmetal grey color up...time will tell if no screwdrivers will determine it's amount of carry time?

Paul

Having never held a three layer SAK , is it noticeably fatter ?
The thing I like about my Rancher is how slim it still feels .
I still haven't got around to altering my Ranchers Hawksbill yet , but every time in use my Sheepsfoot Pruner , I remind myself to get stuck in and attack the Rancher .
I still dream of the day when they offer the Electrician Sheepsfoot blade but without the scalloped out bit . That would be a great addition in my opinion .

Ken

@ Ken The three layer isn't bad (in my opinion) in regards to a pocket carry. A four layer usually goes in a coat pocket versus a pants pocket---that to me is to thick:thumbup:

Finished up a project so home now and carrying my GEC EZ Open Scout in rust red bone covers along with a SAK Copper Alox Soldier in a back pocket sheath:thumbup:

RJulgr.jpg

scOgH5.jpg

Finished up a project so home now and carrying my GEC EZ Open Scout in rust red bone covers along with a SAK Copper Alox Soldier in a back pocket sheath:thumbup:

RJulgr.jpg

scOgH5.jpg

Now that's a combo I would cherish .
I've never used one of those back pocket sheaths .
Is the leather soft and subtle or quite stiff ?

Ken

Now that's a combo I would cherish .
I've never used one of those back pocket sheaths .
Is the leather soft and subtle or quite stiff ?

Ken

Thanks Ken, the leather is stiff but with the seam down the middle it forms/rides well in the back pocket:thumbup: needs a little more carry to be broken in;)

Back