Off Topic what should be my new EDC?

It might help to know what you like in a knife, the image isn't working so hared to tell from the original post. I'm guessing a Kershaw Blackout, some ZT version and a 940 to now thinking about a fixed blade. What are your common uses of your EDC? Is it pure utility? Do you fidget?
Do you like some heft? What type of folding lock, if any do you like? Framelock? Linerlock? Backlock? Are traditionals out of the question? There are a million great knives out there, so hard to narrow down. If you want to see what others are carrying, check out the EDC photo thread. The Para 3 Lightweight I recently got after holding out b/c I didn't think it did anything better than my Para2, which is my primary EDC. I'm upset I waited so long to try one as I am amazed of the build quality/feel of this FRN knife. Not sure I'd get a G10 version, but the lightweight is something special. I expected to feel like my Pacific Salt FRN, but feels way more premium and solid. Fickable and drop shuty.

My go to EDC are:
Spyderco Para2 - Former primary
Benchmade 940 - Great carry, a bit narrow for my hand
Spyderco Para3 Lightweight - New primary carry
SAK Alox Pioneer or Cadet - Secondary or dress
Kershaw Atmos - Awesome budget carry
ZT 0460 - Lightweight fidget friendly
Massdrop Ferrum Forge/Protech Mordax - Heavy duty but light weight fidget friendly.
Bark River Bravo 1.25 LT - Camping fixed blade
Bark River Bravo EDC - EDC fixed blade. Would like to try the Aurora mini also in the future.

You need to check out a wonderful entry into the field of EDC knives...a folder for rather casual every-day carry...not intended for heavy work, prying or batonning...
It is the TRM (Three Rivers Manufacturing) folder...either the Neutron or the slightly larger Atom.
My Atom is a great knife, and I reco it very highly.

for a great video, check out Nick Shabazz video on YT...he loves it also.

I love the Bradford Guardian 3, it's just a great looking knife. It's shorter than a Spyderco Delica overall, even though a Delica folds in half of course. If you could get yourself a nice custom leather sheath for the Bradford, so you can carry it discreetly enough for your coworkers not to give you a hard time about it, I'd go for that.

Bradford-Knives-AEB-L-Guardian-3-3D-Camo-BRAD3FE109A-BHQ-99576-jr-416w.jpg

if you're like me and "have a problem" you are cycling between 24 folders, your question is a tall order OP
budget?
purpose?
state law restrictions?

basic carries are spyderco delica/endura, griptillian, SAK Tinker, etc

Back