What SOG are you carrying/using today?

Me too on the Trident. Great for warm weather carry with that pocket clip. Spring assist is great.

I had an Aegis this morning. It will be the Seal Pup PE this afternoon evening.

Currently I have a SOG Spec Elite in my pocket, and a SOG Power Plier on my belt. Some might complain about the size of Spec Elite for EDC but I work everything else around carring it.

Just switched to my Buck Alpha folder with the sheath. OK but the pocket clip Trident Tanto is easier to get to.

Got my spec elite today
02a4254dd78969f25aee4bcde21a9448.jpg

I also want to get a multi-tool from SOG. They seem to be offering one of the best value for the money along with Leatherman. From what I've seen the silver version S66N-CP with Power Assist looks just right because I want one with powerful pliers. I alternate between a Leatherman Wave and this SOG, though the Leatherman is more expensive. I found a nice selection on this site, and it seems that these brands are the most present.

http://www.rangermade.net/best-multitool/

I just picked up a DLC Mini Aegis off of the exchange and it arrived yesterday. First thoughts; this is an unfairly maligned knife. I adjusted the pivot tension to all but completely remove the tiniest bit of side to side, touched up the edge and in my pocket it went. It has no up and down play! I have loved the leaf blade on these knives for a long time, for $30 in practically new condition I think I got a deal. I would never lean on this thing hard but it makes a wonderful EDC. Super light, great cutter, looks cool! The only thing I'd change is to add a small partial liner ala the Griptillian series. That would make this a much stronger knife for minimal weight penalty.

I've got the same knife. Bought it off the exchange couple years ago for about the same price. I feel the same. For the price it is very respectable. Can't dial the play totally out but with some good lube it is very slight. It is a great lite weight knife. If you need a highly concealable lite blade that will lock shut it is a perfect choice. I'll occasionally swap out my Pacific Salt for this as a workout knife. I also have the larger version. I've had it a lot longer. I EDCed it a lot when I first got it. Almost no play as well. If you can buy used SOGs off the exchange they often come at a great price. Snapped pic tonight:

MBG03PVh.jpg

SOG Blacktip again! Love that beast, one of the gratest MTs out there.

20160311_121520_zpshxo7769t.jpg

The Compound Leverage is sooooo nice to use...

Back